Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Get rewarded with One Key
3,839 results
All reviews water taxi wakatipu grill relaxation room stacks pub fire pit lake view close to the airport in town valet parking our honeymoon new zealand every hour shuttle service buffet breakfast amazing views fireplace taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2023

From the warm welcome from the reception staff to the Porter ( Lee ) who helped me with my bags and everything in between... breakfast staff, glorious pool..
I had a fabulous stay and return to my normal life completely relaxed.

Room tip: The water taxi is amazing an experience all on its own.
Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed 6 October 2023 via mobile

Stayed for three nights after been transfer from the other Hilton hotel due to Reno work,the checkin. was good and we could access our room which was good the room it self which a king Hilton guest room with breakfast ,we were placed in a room which was dark never saw any sunlight had stain on the carpet and sofa had seen a better day needed a good clean as we notice when our room was serviced the mirror in the bathroom was not clean as it had marks from the previous day,
Good we got water as they had water contamination issues in Queenstown so we brought filter water bottles Lifestream
The breakfast was good could had done with more fruit options .
The position of the hotel is away from Queenstown itself and yes it is quiet and restful but you come to see Queenstown and the water taxi for a couple both ways comes to a grand total of $40 you might as well drive your car in and then put up with road works and traffic congestion.
When you drive your car down to drop your bags off is a issue as space is limited and if you taxis and other cars it becomes awkward and parking prices are valet park $40. a night or park your self $16 a night private car park or take your luck and park up the top of the main road and tramp up and down.
Look I have stayed at Hilton all over the world and I am a Hilton honours member yes I did not mind staying here it was a experience .
But I will most probably stay some where else location wise so you can access restraunts. etc without having to use the car.
I did point the issues and gave feed back at check out.
Happy travels.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Doug1959
Reviewed 3 October 2023

The Hilton Queenstown was the perfect place for our Queenstown holiday. It's in a quieter area and Queenstown is just a short water taxi ride away. The room was comfortable and we had a great view of the lake. The restaurant downstairs has great food and atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again!

Room tip: The water taxi is a super fun and convenient way to get to town.
Date of stay: January 2023
Reviewed 29 September 2023

My husband and I had a great 3 night stay here recently. I had seen a lot of mixed reviews before we came and was apprehensive about whether we’d made a good choice of accommodation so I’ll add my thoughts in case they are helpful.

We stayed in a King Wakatipu suite. They are located on the lakefront with unobstructed views. I understand that some rooms are advertised as lake view but if you aren’t in a suite then they might be slightly obstructed views.

The room was massive and had everything we needed. It is still basic - they don’t have an info booklet like most hotels, it’s quite dark, there isn’t much milk for tea/coffee, not many bathroom extras like toothpaste/brush, sewing kit, shower caps etc. The bed and pillows are super soft so if you prefer a firm bed then this may not be for you.

As per many of the reviews, the staff were all very friendly and helpful so they deserve lots of credit.

If you don’t have your room made up (which we chose not to) you may just have to ask for extra coffee mugs and towels which they always promptly brought.

Yes, the hotel is dated and could use some TLC but it just depends how much that will bother you. It’s mostly superficial stuff.

We didn’t have any issues with not having hot water (like I saw in many reviews) - it was always great.

Our fireplace didn’t work which was disappointing but I didn’t have enough motivation to get that chased up/sorted while we were there so that’s on me.

The breakfast buffet was great every morning and a real highlight.

The pool area is great too and always had lots of towels.

They sell/top up Bee cards at reception which you can use for the water taxi. With a Bee card it’s $10 pp, per way. The taxis leave PROMPTLY so be sure to arrive at the jetty early. They leave every hour or two.

This is not a 5 star hotel by international standards but for NZ it is. I like that it is on a tranquil side of the lake away from the main town and it is a lovely retreat.

Date of stay: September 2023
3  Thank Alexandra S
Reviewed 20 September 2023

We were in Queenstown for just a night as a couple and stayed at the Hilton - what a great hotel. The room was fantastic, one of the best breakfasts anywhere and a good range of restaurants. Location was handy to the airport - we walked - just about 25 minutes. The views were stunning next to the lake and we enjoyed a lovely run along the Frankton Arm foreshore walkway.

Date of stay: September 2023