Ways to Experience Real Journeys
from US$110.69
from US$95.83
from US$70.58
1,510 results
All reviews overnight cruise milford sound day trip tasman sea te anau steamers shearing demonstration engine room bus driver walters peak new zealand bbq farm sheep earnslaw boat wool
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a well run 4 hour trip out from Queenstown Bay on a historic steam ship, the Earnslaw. The ship layout provides views of the engines and stokers and there is access to the upper level of the engine room. Young and old find it fascinating. The bar service is good and the views during the lake voyage are spectacular. At walter peak you have a meal with a vast selection of beautiful food. You are weeknight to have 2nds. This is a working farm so after your meal they put on a demonstration with the farm dogs and the sheep. You can get up close and personal to the animals of you like. We've also done the evening dinner cruise which runs along the same lines. We will certainly go on these trips again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We took the long weekend off and went down to Queenstown and was recommended the TSS Earnshaw and so booked. The boat ride was brilliant and the crew very friendly - especially as we had our son with us. The lunch however was a bit of a let down. Salads had no flavour, and meat was dry. I was told that seafood was meant to be available but it wasn’t at all (I later discovered that seafoods only for dinner). I didn’t try any dessert as I didn’t end up eating what I first put on my plate and just left. My son had very few options for him too - although he loves green beans, and at least we found that.

I wouldn’t personally go back here again, but I would do the boat ride again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I recently did the overnight cruise and was one of the highlights of the trip and would do it again in a heartbeat. Check in was easy, you board the boat and are given a quick briefing. I think there were about 60 people on our trip. You get shown to your cabin which I thought was lovely - small but totally acceptable. Was very clean and comfortable with ensuite. Once we had sailed out and docked in a small bay (after viewing the seals) we then had the option of either kayaking or going out in a small boat to have a look around the bays. My husband chose kayaking and I went in to boat - we both enjoyed the experience. Once back on board those who wanted to swim could do so. Also a quick mention - it had been raining quite heavily in the days prior so the waterfalls were spectacular!!! After people had swum we then had the option of socialising with others or just having a look around. Prior to dinner their was a photo showing and talk about the sounds. Dinner was AMAZING!!! A fabulous buffet that was delicious. Then it was more socialising then off to bed. Slept amazingly well - couldn't even feel that we were on a boat. Woke for early breakfast then headed out to the Tasman sea for a short while then slowly made our way back to port. The only disappointment was that we didn't see dolphins but everything else far exceeded our expections!! Already planning our next trip.

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked an overnight cruise on Doubtful Sound with Real Journeys.
Easy to book.
Staff 100% in every way.
Value for money.
And the trip was ANAZING.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is the most amazing trip I have ever done in my lifetime. The beautiful Mariner and lovely cabin, super friendly and helpful crew including the chef who cooked is an amazing meal. We were stunned at how good the food was. As for the scenery and the cruise and activities it cant have been any better. The majestic Sound and its incredible tranquility is a must see. Too hard to pit into words how beautiful it is. Amazing value for money.