“What a view!!”

and up
Glenorchy Tandem Skydiving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reach speeds of up to 200kph as you freefall amongst boundless skies and the magnificent Southern Alps, towards the deep blue colours of Lake Wakatipu below. Located 45 min from Queenstown and nestled at the edges of Fiordland National Park and Mt Aspiring National Park, Skydive Southern Alps provides an expansive experience like no other. In small personalised groups there’s plenty of time to get to know each other, share the excitement and enjoy the buzz at the drop zone as our friendly and professional team prepare you for the next step in your adventure – the skydive. With the stunning mountains of The Lord of the Rings’ Middle Earth laid out before you, it’s time to let your imagination soar as the plane cruises above the mountains to your choosen altitude – 9,000, 12,000 or 15,000ft.
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

First time skydiving; the absolutely stunning views enticed me to jump from 15,000 feet. I could see Mt. Cook and Mt. Aspiring as well as Mitre Peak in Milford Sound.

The drive there takes a while. The plane takes up 3 at a time so you may wait a bit. The pro jumpers were great and reassuring; they wear a go-pro strapped to their arm to film it all for you, which you get on a USB drive (for $, worth it).

Would do it again on a clear day in a heartbeat!

Reviewed 9 January 2017

The location was absolutely stunning, well worth waiting to be in NZ for! Would wholly recommend the company, they initially wanted to split me and my partner up as only 3 people can go in a plane and we had a family of 3 and three couples, but they were accommodating and let us fly together- which I would expect with the amount you pay (this should otherwise be stated when booking).
A superb experience, fab drive to the location with a great host, comical skydive masters and laid back but professional company! :)

Thank you!!

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had a fantastic experience skydiving in one of the most beautiful places in the world! The staff were very friendly and made us feel very safe the whole time. They were very accommodating to our entire group as we had a non-typical number of people as there were several couples and they usually jump in groups of 3. Skydiving here is a MUST if you're in Queenstown!

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

We jumped at 15000 ft today. It was the most incredible experience of my life. The crew at skydive paradise were awesome, I felt very safe in their hands. A must do if you are visiting Queenstown area. The scenery was amazing!

Reviewed 31 December 2016

The skydive master was great. But the reception lady at Glenorchy was rude and had big problem with her attitude. My girlfriend and I were separated into two flights because the lady wanted to fit us into another group to fit their schedule although we made our booking months ahead. Even more disappointing was I paid for video and photos to be taken while skydiving. At the end, I only had videos but no photos. That was amateur mistake! The lady only refunded $15 to me. She seemed very busy and annoyed, but in fact she only had 6 customers to take care of... It wasn't about the money but was all about the the memorable lifetime experience in the sky plus the view. Very disappointed...

14  Thank Zenon Y