“Best Skydive in NZ!”

and up
Glenorchy Tandem Skydiving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reach speeds of up to 200kph as you freefall amongst boundless skies and the magnificent Southern Alps, towards the deep blue colours of Lake Wakatipu below. Located 45 min from Queenstown and nestled at the edges of Fiordland National Park and Mt Aspiring National Park, Skydive Southern Alps provides an expansive experience like no other. In small personalised groups there’s plenty of time to get to know each other, share the excitement and enjoy the buzz at the drop zone as our friendly and professional team prepare you for the next step in your adventure – the skydive. With the stunning mountains of The Lord of the Rings’ Middle Earth laid out before you, it’s time to let your imagination soar as the plane cruises above the mountains to your choosen altitude – 9,000, 12,000 or 15,000ft.
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

The staff at Skydive Paradise were the best. Incredibly welcoming and professional! First dive for my friend and I and it was wonderful! Location allows for BREATHTAKING views of the South Island. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Alyson B

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Did skydiving from 12000 ft.
The experience was out of the world and can't be put into words.
It was so much thrilling and exciting.
It was my first experience and was tooooo goood!!
Loved you guyss

Reviewed 19 December 2016

The guys at Skydive Paradise are great - clearly passionate about skydiving and the thrill it gives you! This was my first time and they made me feel at ease and comfortable - a worry never crossed my mind! The whole experience was incredible but to top it off was the scenery! What better place to skydive than over Glenorchy and Lake Wakatipu?! I was lucky enough to jump on a clear blue sky day - the colour of the water was incredible and you could see as far out as Mt Cook! Thanks for a great experience, I will definitely be back again!

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

From the driver who brought us to the sky diving drop zone in Glenorchy , the front office manager who gave us some introduction, photoexpert and of course the skydive master Ollie, it was an incredible experience, which could not be topped :-) with the remarkable landscape and lake view. The team is very helpful, knowkedgable and simple fantastic.

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

As as everyone, my first skydive experience and it was great throughout! The exceptional excellent experience must be from Olly! He is wonderful person and made everything comfortable, safe and relax for me. He safety checked everything on me before I boarded the plane and again when on the plane. Adjusted my goggles repeatedly so I look good in the video! Ha! Told me which lake is which, and which mountain is which, so u dun dive blindly. The skydived experience was exhilarating, but it was definitely Olly who made it wholesome! Kudos!