“Simply marvellous!”

and up
Glenorchy Tandem Skydiving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our skydive dropzone is located only 40 minutes from New Zealand’s most famous resort town of Queenstown at the edge of a small alpine village known as Glenorchy “Gateway to Paradise”. This is Middle Earth, the setting of The Hobbit and Lord of The Rings movies. Skydiving with Skydive Paradise offers you not only the most breathtaking scenery in the world, we also promise you the most personalised tandem skydiving experience in New Zealand. We offer skydive options from 12,000ft and 15,000 ft and the opportunity to purchase photo and HD footage of your skydive experience. We know from experience you will leave our dropzone with a grin from ear to ear!
Reviewed 5 September 2016

I've experienced it myself. And you should definitely do the same. Well-organized and safe trip up to 18'000 ft. and back to mother Earth. Awesome.

SkydiveParadise, Guest Relations Manager at Skydive Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Hi Thesammy, we can tell you're over the moon! and it makes us keep going, thank you so much! but you didn't jump from 18,000ft :) our highest jump is 15,000ft.
You have 2 possible scenarios, you either jump with another company or it's a typo... Either or, Skydive Paradise is glad you've had a great time skydiving and that's what it matters to us :)

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

The views from above were so beautiful!!

we enjoyed the flight up and we're able to enjoy the views..until we start jumping out! thank Goodness there was Olly with me..he's perfectly reassuring and kept me calm as this is my first ever skydive..no regrets choosing this place and waiting a full day for it as Fri weather was too cloudy,waited till sat 10am.

the only complaint I has is (nothing to do with him) that the Airplane has no oxygen supplied to us for the 15,000 jump which if I had, will probably not have difficulty breathing during my free fall.

I practically couldn't breath from my nose and used my mouth and still found it difficult to get air!! after the parachute open it was all great though.
it has ruined my experience enjoying my view as I was so worried as not able to breath properly.

we took the combo and video was really great!!

my hubby got Wil da silva who is relatively new to Paradise but mainly at NZONE queenstown and his video did not turn out as great as mine sadly.

Thanks so much to Olly Mason who is my tandem master and keep up your good work and care towards customers :)

Dear Ann, Skydive Paradise team is pleased you enjoyed jump with us. We thank you for your feedback, we like to be on top of the game and customers like you help us find out where to improve.

Now, we could easily stop this response with what we've said, but since this is a great resource to inform future customers, and you point out relevant topics, we would like to continue :)

Our plane has oxygen all the time. Until now, it was your tandem master duty to let you know about it, and yes, you put Olly in troubles ;) but we're a team, and we resolve things as a team, so together with our tandem masters, we'll start telling about oxygen in the safety briefing and we'll try to make more obvious where the oxygen is in the plane.

The next topic is breathing through free falling, the key to breath on free falling, and we can't emphasize this enough, is just not think about breathing, forget about it, let your body do what it has been doing your whole life: breathing without you thinking about it. Relax is another way, but we've been long enough in this business to know that suggest our customers to relax before skydiving it's too much to ask ;) But going the extra mile, as we always try, we're going to introduce this subject to our safety briefing and telling our customers, just in case, to take a deep breath before jump and keep the fingers crossed they'll remember when they're about to jump ;)

The Combo deal matter... Some times for personal/ health/ training reasons we don't have our full time tandem masters at Skydive Paradise. NZONE, very kindly, help us in those moments, if they don't, we're forced to not operate, therefore customers, just like you and your hubby, don't get the chance to live the unique experience of jumping in such beautiful place. Nevertheless, we truly apologise if the combos are a bit different from each other, and that one seems less perfect than the other, but please believe us when we tell you: we do our best and we go the extra mile as often as possible, it's tough when it's not good enough, but we'll keep trying :)

Reviewed 30 August 2016

WOW!!! What an amazing experience. What a free fall rush :) The views of the mountains and over the lake are just incredible, the photos are great, but you really do have to see it yourself to believe it. All of the staff are very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks to Ollie for letting me steer a bit on the way back down, he was helpful, friendly and a cool guy. Thanks very much all of you guys. My advise is don't just think about doing it, JUST DO IT!!!! :)

1  Thank Matt K
SkydiveParadise, Guest Relations Manager at Skydive Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

Hi Matt, Skydive Paradise team is glad you had a great time.
We're happy that conditions (wind direction, wind strength, your understanding of the steering process, etc.) were optimum and safe, so your tandem master let you steer a bit the parachute. We can't thank you enough that you've mentioned it. Since most people read this media more than our website, we can use this opportunity to give a bit extra information, so future customers don't get disappointed. Sadly, not everyone gets to steer the parachute if conditions are not perfect, safe and, of course, if they don't want to do it. Thanks again!

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

I had an amazing experience. Staff were very friendly and very professional. Really enjoyed the breathtaking views of South Island.

Hi Sadna, thank you for your review, it's always good to know that we still give a friendly and professional service.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Everything about this company was perfect.

Picked up in Queenstown and taken on the 40 minute dive to Glenorchy with our driver Ash who was super informative.. We stopped off at the Million Dollar View and took some snaps of the best geography in the South Island.

The Paradise Dropzone is situated between some of the most dramatic mountain ranges in New Zealand. The staff were exceptional. Their customer service was fantastic and each individual seemed just as excitable as me! Especially Kussy with the big hair!

My Tandem master was Ollie, he calmed my nerves and made sure I was comfortable for the entire time I spent with him. The plane journey was unbelievable, Ollie made sure I knew I was strapped safely and comfortably. He told me to take deep breaths and relax, this helped a lot. Falling out the plane was simply the most awe inspiring feeling I have ever experienced.

The view was absolutely unbelievable, like no other. I cannot explain how impressive it was seeing Mitre Peak (Milford Sound), Lake Te Anau lake, Mount Cook and the Remarkables - simply breathtaking. As well as the immediate dramatic snowy mountains, and then below scenery of Mount Alfred (as you can see in my picture). This jump was insane.

Make sure you get the Photos and Videos from the Handicam! Absolutely awesome shots! When I came down I was so disorientated and full of adrenaline, I couldn't wait to see what just happened!

Thank you so much to the team! You were awesome.

Hi Bill, Skydive Paradise staff, specially Ash, Kussy and Ollie, want to thank you for had choosing us for your skydive experience. We want to thank you for such beautiful review. We always try to give this experience to every single customer and we hope we had done it already, come back any time to say hi if you pass by our drop zone.