“Awesome Experience Highly Recommended ”
Review of Skydive Paradise

and up
Glenorchy Tandem Skydiving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our skydive dropzone is located only 40 minutes from New Zealand’s most famous resort town of Queenstown at the edge of a small alpine village known as Glenorchy “Gateway to Paradise”. This is Middle Earth, the setting of The Hobbit and Lord of The Rings movies. Skydiving with Skydive Paradise offers you not only the most breathtaking scenery in the world, we also promise you the most personalised tandem skydiving experience in New Zealand. We offer skydive options from 12,000ft and 15,000 ft and the opportunity to purchase photo and HD footage of your skydive experience. We know from experience you will leave our dropzone with a grin from ear to ear!
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

I had an amazing experience. Staff were very friendly and very professional. Really enjoyed the breathtaking views of South Island.

SkydiveParadise, Guest Relations Manager at Skydive Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

Hi Sadna, thank you for your review, it's always good to know that we still give a friendly and professional service.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Everything about this company was perfect.

Picked up in Queenstown and taken on the 40 minute dive to Glenorchy with our driver Ash who was super informative.. We stopped off at the Million Dollar View and took some snaps of the best geography in the South Island.

The Paradise Dropzone is situated between some of the most dramatic mountain ranges in New Zealand. The staff were exceptional. Their customer service was fantastic and each individual seemed just as excitable as me! Especially Kussy with the big hair!

My Tandem master was Ollie, he calmed my nerves and made sure I was comfortable for the entire time I spent with him. The plane journey was unbelievable, Ollie made sure I knew I was strapped safely and comfortably. He told me to take deep breaths and relax, this helped a lot. Falling out the plane was simply the most awe inspiring feeling I have ever experienced.

The view was absolutely unbelievable, like no other. I cannot explain how impressive it was seeing Mitre Peak (Milford Sound), Lake Te Anau lake, Mount Cook and the Remarkables - simply breathtaking. As well as the immediate dramatic snowy mountains, and then below scenery of Mount Alfred (as you can see in my picture). This jump was insane.

Make sure you get the Photos and Videos from the Handicam! Absolutely awesome shots! When I came down I was so disorientated and full of adrenaline, I couldn't wait to see what just happened!

Thank you so much to the team! You were awesome.

Hi Bill, Skydive Paradise staff, specially Ash, Kussy and Ollie, want to thank you for had choosing us for your skydive experience. We want to thank you for such beautiful review. We always try to give this experience to every single customer and we hope we had done it already, come back any time to say hi if you pass by our drop zone.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

We had our first 15000 feet skydive and it was an indescribable experience !

The reason we chose skydive paradise was for the skydive location at Glenorchy overseeing the snowy mountain, Isengard in the Lord of The Rings, Lake Wakatipu and Queenstown. It was an amazing view for skydiving !
The price was also reasonable as compared to other skydive providers.

Overall, we had an enjoyable journey from Queenstown to Glenorchy with a photo taking opportunity. Staffs were also nice and helpful. Tandem masters were informative. And finally an AWESOME jump !!!

A thing to point out thou, is that if skydive paradise can have an easily locatable counter in the city (Big name board outside the shop), it will definitely help tourists to find you better.=)

SkydiveParadise, Guest Relations Manager at Skydive Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2016

Thanks Xiu! all feed backs are welcome, specially the ones that help us to improve, and your opinion is spot on, 2016 is our 5th year anniversary and upper management has promised big improvements for us in many different levels, soon everyone will be able to find us, hope you have the chance to come back and see how much better we became thanks to customers like you.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

My younger son has begged for years to skydive. His older brother was willing to do it with him, so I chauffeured.

The drive up is gorgeous. The scenery of the airstrip is magnificent.

I thought the crew was professional, they got the kids hyped, all set up, and in the plane. They both loved it. Said after skydiving there, that there was no point doing it anywhere else in the world, couldn't possibly compare with view they got.

Almost makes me wish I had done it. But not quite.

Only minor negative, the photos and videos are priced at a significant fraction of the jump itself. This is a bit disproportionate. Not advocating raising the jump price. :)

If trip cancelled due to conditions, they give option of full refund or reschedule. This is as it should be, but not all operators do this.

Thank you Christopher, Skydive Paradise crew feels overwhelm with your feedback and Glenorchy scenery will never get tired of complements.
We'll pass on your advice about the photos and video, we consider all suggestions and we try to be as fare as possible. And, we promise to forget that you put in our mind the idea of making the jumps more expensive, so our camera options prices would look proportional ;)

Reviewed 3 August 2016

That was just the best thing what could have happenend to me that day, very well carrying and helpful staff. The view was just stunning, they couldn't have picked a better day.
Thanks a lot to the Skydive Paradise team.

SkydiveParadise, Guest Relations Manager at Skydive Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

And the Skydive Paradise team thanks you for this feedback, but let's be honest, customers like you Peter help us give the best service possible.