Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Over The Top - The Helicopter Company tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Over The Top - The Helicopter Company
from US$897.30
from US$541.90
from US$348.40
from US$204.10
More Info
All reviews cecil peak milford sound glacier landing golf balls west coast beach once in a lifetime great pilot worth every cent low cloud amazing experience weather conditions great flight safety briefing thanks guys visiting queenstown southern alps spectacular scenery
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Safety was paramount. Booked for Tue, but weather allowed for Thurs. Great communication from the office staff. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole trip and pilot Renee’ was very informative and accommodating. Landings on glacier and beach are recommended with the final leg through the Fiord.
Bloody great loved it and best 2 1/2 hrs spent in Queenstown

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

These guys are professional, knowledgable and have fantastic equipment. Our pilot Dan had heaps of relevant knowledge about the surrounding area.

I cant recommend Over the Top enough.

Date of experience: November 2018
OverTheTophelicopter, Guest Relations Manager at Over The Top - The Helicopter Company, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you Daniel S!

We appreciate your feedback, It was certainly a pleasure having you both on board with us and sharing our beautiful backyard. We are certainly lucky to have a great fleet of luxury helicopters and amazing pilots!

I will be sure to share your kind words with Dan and our crew,

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What an amazing experience!!!

We did the Milford Sound heli ride and landed on top of a glacier.
I highly recommend!

Thanks Over The Top!!

Date of experience: October 2018

Thank you SamV1679!

We appreciate your kind words and we're glad you had such an amazing experience with us and our beautiful part of the world.

We look forward to taking you Over The Top next time your in town...!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 November 2018

Disclaimer: I'm not reviewing an actual trip with Over The Top Helicopters but the company itself.

Back in August (2018) I had booked the Milford Sound and the Glaciers Helicopter Tour including Landing from Queenstown for my dad and I. We had booked the tour for Saturday October 27th. I called the company the day prior to confirm the booking because the weather was sort of inconsistent. The women I spoke to told me she had just left a message with the hotel (the hotel never received any such message), they would call the next morning to confirm based on the weather conditions. I asked them to call me on my cell phone instead of the hotel as we would be out and about!

Being a pilot myself I looked up the weather, and the tour we had booked for the next day didn't look good but also the weather didn't look good for the day following the day of our booking.

The day of our flight came and I received a call in the morning, our flight was canceled, and yes they called the hotel again. I was then informed they rebooked me to the following day, the day the weather wad even worse. Once again I looked up the radar and forecast, and sure enough the weather was going to get worse.

At this point the conditions around "town" were good enough for helicopters to take off on flights as I saw from our hotel and town all day. In hindsight In would have expected for them to tell me the following day conditions are terrible but we can at least take you on something else today. I would assume they sold other tours on the equipment anyways.

Next day came I got a call, this time on my cell phone, once again the flight was canceled, but that was no surprise because the weather conditions were terrible and not a single flight left from the airport, just as expected from the forecast.

When I asked for the refund, they said they can't process it but I have to contact Viator / Tripadvisor and ask them for the refund. The next hour I spent on the phone trying to get the refund processed, just to find out that Over The Top Helicopters could have simply processed it, which every other company that had to cancel due to weather did. They were simply too lazy or were hoping to pocket the money.

All in all, as a pilot myself, I understand safety related cancelations, however this was simply an overall bad experience, from the communication, to their inability to offer another flight all the way to the deception in issuing the refund.

Date of experience: October 2018
OverTheTophelicopter, Manager at Over The Top - The Helicopter Company, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear ThomasNY, I am disappointed to hear of your recent experience with us and I thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback. At Over The Top, we take this feedback very seriously.

Our helicopter excursions are one of the highlights for our guests during their stay in Queenstown, New Zealand. This is reflected in the 150+ five-star reviews on Tripadvisor.

Our pilots have an intimate knowledge of the region and an ingrained respect for the local weather and mountainous terrain, which I’m sure as a fellow aviator you can appreciate. After reviewing the weather reports for October 27 & 28 (the dates you were staying Queenstown), local alternative flights were not offered due to periods of low cloud and rain.

Our aim is to showcase the best of the beautiful environment we operate in and we endeavour to reschedule, or suggest other options due to inclement weather. If we are unable to reach a direct number, we contact the hotel. I apologize for your dissatisfaction in the service you received, as this is certainly not the reputation we uphold or strive for.

From time to time, weather will delay or cancel flights and we offer a full refund at the point of sale if we are unable reschedule or offer an alternative flight. I have reviewed this process for bookings on Viator. While we cannot refund direct to you, we notify Viator to issue the refund and I've ensured all our staff are aware of this process.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope if you return to Queenstown in the future, you will give us another chance to take you flying.

Shannon Walker - Marketing & Operations Manager

Reviewed 4 October 2018

We decided to get married in New Zealand and utilized the services of HeliWeddings in collaboration with Over The Top - Helicopter Company in August. Our experience was superb, both in terms of service and flight experience.

Over The Top - Helicopter Company provide a professional,safe and pleasant experience from start to finish!

From initial greeting by host to departure, we can only say our expectations were exceeded. Pilots are extremely professional and provide confidence both pre-flight and in-flight with a relaxed, genuine approach. Local knowledge of sites and vistas in the surrounding area during flight was an enjoyable bonus.

Highly Recommended Experience/Adventure!

Date of experience: August 2018
OverTheTophelicopter, Guest Relations Manager at Over The Top - The Helicopter Company, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Thank you & Congratulations once again!

We really appreciate your amazing review, we are certainly lucky to fly our passengers to some of the most stunning locations in the world to get married, no doubt you have some super photos that have captured your special day.

I will pass on your kind words to our team and we look forward to welcoming you back on your Wedding Anniversary!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 27 September 2018

We had the opportunity to fly with Over The Top helicopters when we decided to get married in New Zealand. Dan flew us and our celebrant and photographers to Lake Lochnagar for our ceremony and then onto Glacier Jura for and additional pictures. All of the team at Over The Top are extremely professional and knowledgeable which made the whole experience so enjoyable.

Date of experience: September 2018
OverTheTophelicopter, Guest Relations Manager at Over The Top - The Helicopter Company, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you & Congratulations once again!

I will pass on your kind words to Dan and we look forward to welcoming you back on your Wedding Anniversary!

Best wishes,