Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Over The Top - The Helicopter Company tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Over The Top - The Helicopter Company
from US$202.90
from US$346.40
from US$5,177.90
More Info
All reviews cecil peak milford sound glacier landing west coast beach private trip golf balls once in a lifetime great pilot low cloud worth every cent amazing experience thanks guys weather conditions visiting queenstown great flight southern alps spectacular scenery
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

If you are planning to visit Queenstown, I highly recommend that you book a helicopter ride with Over the Top! Landing on top of the mountain and seeing the amazing sights is truly unforgettable! The flight was so smooth and that’s all due to our great pilot, Dan. He was also knowledgeable, personable and friendly. It has been our favorite excursion on our trip!

OverTheTophelicopter, Manager at Over The Top - The Helicopter Company, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Thank you Jodi for your review! Great to hear you enjoyed your trip with Dan.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

On a clear sunny day last week I was delighted to join the Over The Top - Milford and Fiordland Highlight Helicopter tour on a beautifully clear Spring evening here in Queenstown.

From the moment I walked in the door any nerves subsided as Katie warmly greeted myself and Choppy introduced me to the other lovely passengers joining on the same flight.

The pilot James was fantastic, from the get-go to the safety briefing, to answering the many questions we all had throughout the flight, any turbulence we did experience - was hardly noticed by any of us as we were completely distracted by the beautiful surrounds and James pre-warned us the only two times there was a slight bump and no discomfort for any of us.

I would highly recommened the Milford and Fiordland Highlights trip to every person -
solo or a group who would like to experience the full show of New Zealand's beautiful climate and terrain as we flew through the Milford Sound, onto a beautiful beach along the West Coast, after a few photos, a stroll, a pocket of knowledge on the cray fishing in the area by James, a switch in the seating and we were on our way again over the mountains and towards the glaciers, we flew over iced lakes - landed on the glacier in complete awe of the surroundings, threw a couple of snowballs and we were on our way back over the alpine mountains, farmlands, and well known walking trails such as Ben Lomond (an iconic trail here in Queenstown with spectacular views from the top).

If I were to choose a company in Queenstown for my friends, family and/or colleagues to fly with - Over The Top would be my first choice.

Thank you for the best time!

OverTheTophelicopter, Manager at Over The Top - The Helicopter Company, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you Anya for the detailed glowing review! It was a pleasure to take you on an Over The Top experience!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Felt like an eagle taking in the stunning landscape from high in the sky, breathtaking with 360-degree views. Every angle was stunning--felt like a real photojournalist--took tons of pictures. You can really appreciate New Zealand's natural beauty and grandeur from a helicopter. Our heli captain was knowledgeable and friendly, and definitely had my confidence regarding safety. We flew to Milford Sound which is gorgeous. We got to land in the snow--on a glacier!--and take in the amazing view. When will we ever do that? My family and I all loved it. What an experience! It was so much fun.

OverTheTophelicopter, Guest Relations Manager at Over The Top - The Helicopter Company, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback and we're glad you had such an amazing experience with us and our beautiful part of the world. It's a brilliant way to exhaust your camera battery!

We look forward to taking you Over The Top next time your in town...

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We were lucky enough to enjoy this amazing experience. We were met by friendly and obviously experienced staff at Over The Top where we undertook the extreme golf hole on Mt Cecil. The helicopter took us to the top of Mt Cecil where our guide assisted us with drivers and golf clubs to hit a beautiful green set up to 285 meters from the pro tee. It was too much of a challenge for me at that tee but we had more luck at the ladies tee 150m from the greens. The scenery was outstanding! You could be forgiven for missing the green with so much beauty to distract you. We only tried the two tees but there were 2 others at levels in between. I am no golfer but I got a thrill out of the setting alone to make this worth the trip. My husband a amatuer golfer was thrilled with the trip and can't wait to tell friends of this must do adventure for their next trips to Qtown! We would recommend this to everyone golf and non. Queenstown is beautiful from the ground but outstanding from 4500 ft in the sky!

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback, It was certainly a pleasure having you both on board with us and sharing our beautiful backyard!
We certainly have a unique experience up at our Over The Top Golf on Cecil Peak and it's fantastic to hear you had such a great time.
I will share your kind words with the team and we looking forward to welcoming you back to fly with us again soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Fantastic trip up to top of Remarkables - we were lucky to get a really clear still day and the views were amazing! Great friendly staff at base and our pilot/guide was very knowledgeable and gave us a great rundown of local sights on our tour above Queenstown area afterwards. Highly recommended!

We look forward to taking you Over The Top next time your in town...!