Open today: 8:00 am - 9:00 pm

Book in advance
from
$1,330.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters
from $1,330.00
from $1,330.00
from $785.00
from $1,041.00
More Info
All reviews helicopter ride milford sound once in a lifetime stunning experience great pilot new zealand professional company these guys highly recommend this company highlight of our trip return flight wings great trip amazing views lake wakatipu alfie landing
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2019

Awesome! Amazing! Stunning! Hands down one of the most thrilling events of my life!! The scenery was beautiful--lakes, mountains, water falls, snow, ice caps, valleys, glaciers...all while soaring or falling off the edge of the world! We had no fear ever on this incredible experience. Pilot Jeremy was professional, knowledgeable and so skilled with the helicopter. His commentary on logistics of where we were hovering over Middle Earth was almost as impressive as the geography below us. The ride was worth every penny and then some. As soon as we finished I wanted to go up again. I should mention that the support staff was great too. We were scheduled for a mid morning flight, but the weather was iffy. We kept checking in and they with us and finally it "was a go". If you have this opportunity of a lifetime do not pass up the experience...it will be memorable forever!!!! Gorgeous! Exciting! And hopefully not once in a lifetime!!!

Date of experience: November 2019
GlacierSouthernLakes, Manager at Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2019

Kia ora Cam!

Delighted to hear you had such a memorable experience! Jeremy is a fantastic pilot and loves showcasing these wonderful views !

Kia ora!

I am so pleased to hear you had an awesome experience and got to experience one of our fantastic glacier landings!

Thank you for choosing GSLH - please visit us again!

Reviewed 26 November 2019

The flight to the glacier was spectacular and Bill our pilot kept us informed of the landmarks and some local history to land on the glacier and walk around was such a unique experience . I’ll never forget it . Definitely a bucket list item ! The check in staff are friendly and helpful . Couldn’t ask for more and they really helped by keto I g us up to date with weather conditions and rebooking when the weather was bad . Can’t thank them enough for getting us up there !

Date of experience: November 2019
GlacierSouthernLakes, Manager at Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2019

Kia ora Jane

Thank you for you wonderful review!

I am so pleased the weather pulled through and you able to tick this magical experience off your bucket list!

We are so lucky to have these amazing views and landscapes on our doorstep and delighted we were able to share a little piece of the magic with you!

We do hope to see you again one day!

Reviewed 25 November 2019 via mobile

We booked the Southern Alps tour for a group of six. We originally had the tour booked on my sons 9th birthday but had to reschedule it for to weather. We had perfect conditions the day we went. It was amazing from start to finish. Chris, our pilot, made sure to include my sons in all of his communications. We were able to do a glacier landing, see Mt. Cook and the Hans Josef glacier up close, stopped for a great lunch in a secluded spot near a glacier lake, run up Milford sound and stop to get a great picturesque view of Lake Wakatipu. We Also got to see Mt. Aspiring really close and cruise down the beach. Lunch was absolutely amazing with both the views and the quality of lunch. Today is a day that I will never forget and it was a great day for my son whose birthday was two days ago!!! Picnic lunches will never be the same after today.

Kia ora Aannison

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a great review!

We are so pleased to hear you had such a memorable flight on the Southern Alps Tour, It is certainly up there with one of our best flights showcasing some of the most incredible views we have on our doorstep!

I hope your son had a magical birthday! We aim for our guests to enjoy the magnificent views, feel connected to our land and culture and leave with a memory of a lifetime!

We do hope to welcome you back again one day!

Reviewed 17 November 2019

By far one of my most favourite activities I did in New Zealand. Never been in a helicopter before but I would definitely recommend Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters. Picked up from hotel and taken to their office where we were given a safety briefing. Didn't have to wait long to get in the helicopter. It is really the best way to see the Mountains and rivers. Luke (& Bill) were great hosts. We did an alpine stop which was absolutely amazing and then landed at Milford Sound. The cruise was a great part of the tour, but honestly nothing can compare to the helicopter. After the cruise it was back on the helicopter to Queenstown.

Date of experience: November 2019
GlacierSouthernLakes, Manager at Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2019

Kia ora Chilrach

Thank you so much for your review!

We are so pleased to hear you had incredible trip and got to enjoy the wonderful views here in Queesntown! I do hope this is something that will be a forever memorable experience for you!

Reviewed 15 November 2019

I booked a kjet high flyer combo and was really worth the penny. I would consider it as one of the best experience of my like. This flight is typically very good to see the best view of queenstown and get a quick good pictures for instagram. Shoutout to all the crew involve in the company including the lovely driver who dropped us to the airport to the pilot who flew us to the mountain, the team is really polite and nice to the customers.

Kia ora!

Thank you so much for your review!

We are so pleased to hear you had incredible trip and our crew were awesome as always!

We do hope to see you again in the future!