Open today: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from US$663.67
from US$379.87
from US$500.13
More Info
All reviews milford sound helicopter flight an amazing experience once in a lifetime new zealand great pilot worth every cent professional company these guys bucket list amazing scenery cancelled due awe inspiring boat cruise wings visiting queenstown lake wakatipu
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2019

A must do when in Queenstown. Difficult to describe how fantastic this trip is.
Our great pilot Luke was fantastic, flying us over and through majestic mountains and glaciers. We landed on a small glacier, at Milford sound, and beside a beautiful glacial lake with a 900 meter cliff beside us.
Put it on your bucket list.

1  Thank RobertT4963
Reviewed 26 February 2019 via mobile

No doubt...NZ is very professional about tourism and you can pick any service to be satisfied. When checking the heli tours, I got numerous catalogues to pick a tour. I chose "Glacier" because my bucketlist dream was to land in a glacier and I wanted to make sure that the selected heli company will make my dream true. I flew with a brand new helicopter and with Luke who was absolutely a safe, healthy! and self-confident pilot answering any weird question patiently and politely. He could manage the trip taking 2 roles - a pilot in command and a guide - which needs exceptional skills. Our pick up - drop off driver was also very kind accommodating our waiting time with good stories and useful tips and driving calm and safe. No need to mention how beautiful the landscape is but Luke flew enough close to the hills (but very safe) to make the trip unforgettable. Thank you for this amazing experience.

Date of experience: February 2019
GlacierSouthernLakes, Sales and Marketing at Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2019

Kia ora Gabriella,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your flight with Pilot Luke. We take pride in providing exceptional customer experiences and memories that last a lifetime. Its so good to hear you felt safe when travelling with us. We recently became the first helicopter company in the region to become SMS certified with the CAA. (It's a big deal in the Health and Safety aviation world :-))
Thank you again for reviewing your flight with us.

Kind Regards,

Amber

Reviewed 9 February 2019 via mobile

Most probably the highlight of our trip!!everything went perfect.

We were picked up from our hotel and taken on a short drive to the airfield where we were given a safety briefing. We then met our pilot and headed off on our journey.

The views are just incredible and something that has to be seen! Our pilot even managed to find some snow and landed right next to it. We spent maybe 15 minutes in the snowe which was great fun. We then made our way back to base where we bought a photo which the money goes to the pilot.

Will definetly return in the future.

Thankyou all for such a great experience ill never forget!

Reviewed 7 February 2019

We came to New Zealand on our honeymoon, and basically planned our trip around visiting Milford Sound! As soon as we started planning we figured out that the best way to get there was via helicopter!!! We have taken other helicopter adventures before and knew it was going to be a must do! A few days before our scheduled flight we checked the weather and saw that it was going to be raining and horrible on the day we had booked , but beautiful the next day. A quick phone call and we were rescheduled no problems at all! We were picked up at our hotel right when they said they would be there, no waiting or any problems. Once we got to the terminal we checked in and the only problem was our credit card got denied (unknown foreign transaction or something)...so embarrassing, but the lady at the desk was very nice and tried to multiple times to get the card to work. Luckily we had another card and that one didn't have an issue! While other guests were checking in I went outside and had some choice words with my bank in the States :-) They went over the rules and safety stuff and we were on our way to Milford!!! Flight there was breathtaking, the mountains were amazing! We landed at Milford , hopped on a bus and went to the cruise terminal! The cruise was great as well, we saw some seals, dolphins, and a bunch of waterfalls! The fjords were incredible! Bring a lunch, there isn't much for food on the boat...a small food counter , but not much. On our way back from the cruise I got to talking with our pilot Stu. Not only is he a great pilot, but he also works to help recover missing in action soldiers from south east asia. He told us about how he had once gone to Myanmar (Burma) to look for missing members of Merrill's Marauders! This hit home because my great grandfather was in the Merrill's Marauders during WW2. Small world!!! Anyhow... On our way back to Queenstown we landed on top of a glacier! So Cool! After some pictures we were on our way back to Queenstown! We would recommend this firm and ask for Stu! Geoff and Mal- United States

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank geoff_mal
Reviewed 3 February 2019 via mobile

And you would know you absolutely nailed it with a Glacier Southern Lakes - Milford Sound and Glacier tour. Seriously, if I had to...for some strange reason, end this epic trip today - knowing I had this as my last experience in New Zealand, it would be the perfect end to a so-far perfect trip.

Where to start? Let’s start with the personal touch. Pick up at the hotel - 30min away. (Of course, a return as well). Friendly confirmation morning of the trip. The warm welcome at the airport. The ladies working the counter were warm, friendly, professional.

Jono - the pilot - from intros to drop off - top, top quality. Knowledgeable, friendly, professional, made personal connections with my family. Took the time to really ensure we were awe-inspired about the experience. Sensational work, Jono.

As for the tour...I have lived in 6 countries, traveled to more than 50. Have gone on countless excursions. This is the very best excursion I have been on. Ignore ‘price’. Appreciate the tremendous value. And as a Canuck coming to New Zealand for the first time - I was not leaving anything on the ice! Not coming this far to count nickels and dimes.

Go for it and go with Glacier Southern.

1  Thank Mike C
GlacierSouthernLakes, Sales and Marketing at Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2019

Kia ora MIke,

Thank you for your astounding review! Its amazing to hear about your experience with us. We are so glad you loved it. I have passed on your comments to Pilot Jono, sounds like he is doing NZ proud :-)
It makes our team very happy to hear we stand up in your life long catalog of travels and experiences. We hope you come back and visit us again soon, we would love to have you. Safe Travels.

Ngā mihi