I booked a twin room for 3 nights at Absoloot Value hostel for Dec 2016 many months in advance.
By Queenstown standards, this was the least priced private room with ensuite bathroom, centrally located, that I could find.
The location can't be beat, the staff is efficient and helpful. WiFi is free.
There is an elevator.
The room was well appointed, with a small fridge, kettle and microwave, TV, A/C. The windows have nice shutters to block the light.
There is also a couch.
The room is large enough, so IMO it could be re-arranged a little better. For example, the microwave on top of the fridge, and the small TV at a bad angle to watch from the bed could be better placed. These are minor things though.
The only 2 real negatives:
1. The bed sheets were dirty and stained. Fortunately I travel with my own, especially in hostels.
2. The bathroom is tiny, the size of a closet - no exaggeration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Absoloot Value Accommodation (AVA) has been designed with the backpacker, ‘flashpacker’ and value-seeking traveler in mind. AVA is spectacularly located on the lakefront right in the centre of Queenstown. Newly refurbished, it offers boutique dorms (6 beds maximum), double and queen rooms. Fresh, contemporary style with space to play and space to relax. And now there is FREE WIFI throughout the hostel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Absoloot Value Accommodation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Absoloot Value Hotel Queenstown