“Warm and Welcoming”

Absoloot Value Accommodation
Reviewed 12 December 2016

My Travel mate had never stayed at a hostel. She was apprehensive and wary about the experience. As soon as we walked in the door Jamie greeted us with warmth and concern and let her know that all (the room, storing luggage,)would be well taken care of. When I had difficulty obtaining access to my flight information the front desk (especially Jamie) took great care of us, assisting us with his computer. We felt the staff at the hostel took much better care of us then all the "nice" hotels that we had stayed at during our main tour. The room was basic but comfortable and had a microwave and refrig to assist with meals. The kitchen had a great view of the Lake and had all the amenities. Needless to say, I can see staying at hostel's like Absoloot Value will be in our future.

Room Tip: Some rooms may have a water view but we had views of the hills
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Loved the twin bed room with ensuite bathroom, fridge and microwave. Very quiet and clean. Kitchen has the best view of harbor in town. Jamie at the front desk very helpful in making one feel welcome, has a wonderful sense of humor, and knowledgeable in Queenstown locations and activities.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2016

I work in Southland, so during my days off I usually go to Queenstown for a leisure time. I've stayed in quite a few hostels and backpackers, this one is absolutely one of the best. Great location by the lake, convenient to visit places in town, friendly staff and fortunately got some great roommates, too. Windows in the room got two layers, so definitely can block most of the noise caused by situated in town centre, and each bed got two plugs just next to the pillow, which is very considerate. These are very small details, but believe me, many accommodation in QT just don't give you enough plugs for charging and it's awkward to share a plug with your roommates in another bed. Last but not least, the kitchen, I was totally blown away when I open the door to it, cuz it's just facing the lake and got great layout. Clean, bright and organized, you can definitely enjoy the lakeview while you're cooking and eating (there are usually street artists playing music just under your window), and there is enough space outside and inside the fridge for you to store your food, which is really important for me.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

I want to give five points because it has everything. A great location with lake view, large and clean rooms which every bed has it's own power supply, a great kitchen and friendly staff. I just want to raise one issue. I know that the fridge was cleaned at my departure date but is that a reason to throw my food away as this was also my departure date? Obviously someone thought I was already gone.. and the food was also not in the free section. That was a little bit disappointing in the end.So keep an eye to your food ;)

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 November 2016

This is an awesome hostel. It's great value for money, the facilities are clean, the staff are uber friendly and you definitely can't beat this place for location. The view from the Kitchen overlooking Queenstown Bay is fantastic!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends