“Woo hoo!! So much fun!”

US$78.23*
and up
Queenstown Zipline Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Ziptrek Ecotours is NZ's #1 Original Zipline tour and is a spectacular eco-adventure through the forest canopy high above Queenstown, situated on Skyline Gondola hill. Ziptrek runs all year round and is stunning whatever the weather. With two tours to choose from it is suitable for everyone, whether looking for an introduction into Queenstown adventure (Moa 4-Line Tour) or wanting the latest gripping eco-exhilaration (Kea 6-Line Tour) which includes the steepest tree to tree zipline in the world.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Colorado
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Woo hoo!! So much fun!”
Reviewed 3 March 2015

Thank you to Steve and Ginn for a fun day on the Kea zip line. Very professional, very safe, very fun. I was also impressed with the conservation messages, delivered in a fun and entertaining way.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Mindless and Fun”
Reviewed 2 March 2015

For those of you who have done ziplining in different venues (e.g. Costa Rica), this is very different. All necessary actions, such as slowing down, are taken care of by the staff, giving you the ability to monkey around with tricks as you zipline. That could be bad or good, depending on what you hope to get out of the experience.

The only small minus is their attempt to interweave an "Eco" component, by giving some pro-preservation speech at each platform - which is a bit childish. They could either cut it out of the tours altogether, or give us some real information and real statistics in those speeches. Instead, I spent a few minutes listening about a mythical giant at the bottom of the lake.

Visited December 2014
Sydney, Australia
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Great way to get down the mountain”
Reviewed 1 March 2015 via mobile

I had walked up the tiki trail and discovered this at the top. I was lucky they had a spot zipping down in the next 10 minutes.

The walk up is steep and slippery in the wet and the gondola is boring when in the cloud. This was the perfect option.

The 2 Ellie's were great guides and loads of fun. I had a ball. Wish this was a light way to go to work everyday. How happy you would be.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great”
Reviewed 28 February 2015

This was great fun
We had done one before near Auckland but I think this one was not as good but still ok
Very cold and bit expensive really
Make sure you wear extra layers of clothing
One drawback is you have additional expense on the cable car to get up
I am a bit hard of hearing and found the staff difficult to understand as they spoke so quick and had a strong accent
You have to be really careful walking down through the forest

Reston, Virginia
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“First timer-hooked!”
Reviewed 25 February 2015 via mobile

Our Ziplone guides, Dan and Steve were super friendly, professional and patient. Our first time, and they encouraged and complimented us at every opportunity. The platforms are all sustainable Macrocarpa cypress wood which doesn't need preserving! The guys give several short Eco-talks which I know was good for us but I was so excited to be actually flying through the trees I didn't pay much attention. I have some vertigo but it was gone the moment my harness pulled tight and I was lifted away into the trees. There is an excellent braking system before you reach the next platform, and then the guys help you gently land. We can't say enough good stuff, and I guess the steep hike back was good for us........