Book In Advance
Tours from Ziptrek Ecotours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Ziptrek Ecotours
from US$66.53
More Info
from US$241.62
More Info
1,727 results
All reviews zip lining kea tour eco tour great fun line trip trust fall steepest tree to tree flying fox scared of heights comfort zone a lot of fun all ages fun activity thanks guys adrenaline rush awesome views awesome experience
Reviewed 2 March 2015

For those of you who have done ziplining in different venues (e.g. Costa Rica), this is very different. All necessary actions, such as slowing down, are taken care of by the staff, giving you the ability to monkey around with tricks as you zipline. That could be bad or good, depending on what you hope to get out of the experience.

The only small minus is their attempt to interweave an "Eco" component, by giving some pro-preservation speech at each platform - which is a bit childish. They could either cut it out of the tours altogether, or give us some real information and real statistics in those speeches. Instead, I spent a few minutes listening about a mythical giant at the bottom of the lake.

Date of experience: December 2014
Reviewed 1 March 2015 via mobile

I had walked up the tiki trail and discovered this at the top. I was lucky they had a spot zipping down in the next 10 minutes.

The walk up is steep and slippery in the wet and the gondola is boring when in the cloud. This was the perfect option.

The 2 Ellie's were great guides and loads of fun. I had a ball. Wish this was a light way to go to work everyday. How happy you would be.

Reviewed 28 February 2015

This was great fun
We had done one before near Auckland but I think this one was not as good but still ok
Very cold and bit expensive really
Make sure you wear extra layers of clothing
One drawback is you have additional expense on the cable car to get up
I am a bit hard of hearing and found the staff difficult to understand as they spoke so quick and had a strong accent
You have to be really careful walking down through the forest

Date of experience: February 2015
Reviewed 25 February 2015

Our Ziplone guides, Dan and Steve were super friendly, professional and patient. Our first time, and they encouraged and complimented us at every opportunity. The platforms are all sustainable Macrocarpa cypress wood which doesn't need preserving! The guys give several short Eco-talks which I know was good for us but I was so excited to be actually flying through the trees I didn't pay much attention. I have some vertigo but it was gone the moment my harness pulled tight and I was lifted away into the trees. There is an excellent braking system before you reach the next platform, and then the guys help you gently land. We can't say enough good stuff, and I guess the steep hike back was good for us........

Date of experience: February 2015
Reviewed 25 February 2015

My wife and I traveled to New Zealand for our honeymoon and the 6-line zipline was one of our best memories. We arrived Sunday, and learned the weather for Wednesday was expected to be stormy. Unfortunately, our Wednesday excursion was weather dependent and the zipline was not. Ziptrek not only was flexible with the date, but coordinated everything with the other business so we didn't have to worry about it. Turned out to be great weather on Wednesday, which made the tour that much better. The views are outstanding and the adrenaline rush was everything we hoped for. Our guides Naomi and Dan helped us all to relax and have fun. I have done ziplining elsewhere and the safety precautions pale in comparison to Ziptrek. They are first class all around.

Date of experience: January 2015