“VKnow is authentic and brilliant”
Review of Vknow

Vknow
Ranked #10 of 299 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is a 6-7 minute drive out of Queenstown in a residential area, but well worth it. The food is absolutely first rate, different from the usual tourist menu, served by one of the owners in afriendly, laid back but efficient manner while the other owner cooks - brilliantly! Very informal, unusual, relaxed, unpretentious atmosphere . Great wines, great food and excellent value for money. No views, but if you're concentrating on the food,wine and conversation who cares? Highly recommended.
Reviewed 1 week ago

The owner was our waiter extraordinaire and he has a genuine passion for what he does. His wife is the chef and the food is fabulous and fresh.
A great selection of wines was another feature and all for a reasonable price.
Recommend this establishment.
We tried to get a booking on another occasion and they were booked out. Pity!

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had a great experience here. The owner/host was very personable, wanting to be on first name terms immediately. The wine list was excellent as was the policy of a glass of wine being a 1/4 of a bottle and charged at 1/4 the cost of a bottle - very impressive. The food was excellent - a great night!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I dined here with my husband last week whilst we were staying nearby and I have wanted to try VKnow for a while due to the consistently excellent reviews it receives on TA. It's a cool little 'local' with great atmosphere and staff/service. It also boasts an unexpectedly good wine-list. Hubby had the scallop starter which was different to what he thought it would be but very good. He then had the lamb shank main which he loved...really loved! I had the broccoli soup (nice) and the blue cod curry (also nice). Both of my selections were good but not rave-worthy to be honest. BUT...the broccoli soup was broccoli and blue cheese and it wasn't as creamy as I expected and this cannot be a bad thing as I think it was very healthy as it was very obviously chock-a-block full of broccoli. As per the title of my review...Vknow is so authentic re both the food and the people who own and staff the restaurant. I would love to return next time we are there.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was well worth our trip to the "suburbs" to this restaurant. The white pizza/garlic bread and salad were terrific starters. The venison and blue cod were worthy mains. What also stood out was the wine list, rating wines from good to a glass you must have before you die. Danny, the owner's, recommendation of a glass of Mount Edwards pinot noir, 2016, capped the meal. (I brought a bottle home to the States.)

Reviewed 13 February 2019

Initially we were a tad skeptical about trying out Vknow, however the simplistic on line table reservation system gave us the reassurance that we would be in for a great meal. From the time we entered the front doors, we new we had made the right choice. A great welcome from Danny, whose knowledge of wine is outstanding, to the superb cuisine prepared by his wife we could not fault it. Highly recommended and away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Queenstown.

Date of visit: January 2019