“Great place”

Ranked #10 of 297 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is a 6-7 minute drive out of Queenstown in a residential area, but well worth it. The food is absolutely first rate, different from the usual tourist menu, served by one of the owners in afriendly, laid back but efficient manner while the other owner cooks - brilliantly! Very informal, unusual, relaxed, unpretentious atmosphere . Great wines, great food and excellent value for money. No views, but if you're concentrating on the food,wine and conversation who cares? Highly recommended.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic restaurant and well worth the trip up the hill to Fernhill. Food was amazing especially the venison on mushroom risotto. Excellent friendly service and if you want a laugh make sure you pay a visit to the loo!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I LOVED this place. The food was EXCELLENT. I only wish I could have tried more. Better than a very very fancy place we had dined at a few nights before (that gets 5 stars) ....we had their special fish- just lovely, duck confit on a lentil salad - delicious, our appetizers were great too. Service was great, owner knew wine list so well, made great recommendations - I can't say enough nice things about this restaurant. I do not give a lot of RAVE reviews - we were completely happy at this restaurant. Charming.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is out of Queenstown, in Fernhill, we were staying in Fernhill and our host recommended this lovely little restaurant. We'd booked luckily as it was very busy. The owner Danny is very into his wines and asked us a couple of questions and brought us two stunning glasses of Chenin Blanc, which we wouldn't normally have chosen, he was right and he knew his stuff!! My husband had the lamb and I had the seafood bowl, we were both so happy with our food!! We had more wine and good chats with Danny and other people at the bar. It's definitely worth venturing out of Queenstown for this lovely place

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I don’t know about you - but we travel a lot and I get so sick of uptight , stitched up fancy pant restaurants , where the food and staff are so precious you want to scream. I appreciate that sort of setting for the right affair but when we go to NZ we just want to collapse and embrace the atmosphere of the kiwi spirit, the humour and the great freshnesss of their clean country . This is a special restaurant and you are welcomed as a member of the “Whanau “( Family)
Don’t go here if you want white table cloths and obsequious waiters , - it is warm, relaxed ,with wholesome amazing food cooked by Lizzie and you are greeted by husband Danny who is a real character with an amazing wine collection and knowledge of NZ wines having been in the industry for years.
The biggest dilemma is what to choose - the menu Has something for everyone . I can never go past the seafood chowder- but then again the truffle mushroom risitto is to die for, the blue cod is amazing as are my husbands favourite- the steak and the venison - damn it -we just have to keep going back & keep trying them all , everything is delicious.
Remember Lizzie is the only one in the kitchen so embrace the fact and be patient if you arrive at peak time - don’t go all precious please- this is a chill place - don’t spoil it for us diners that appreciate that. PS you must visit the Loos. They are hysterical- I say no more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Our accommodation was located in Fernhill during our stay in Queenstown. Most nights we ate in the main town, but thought we would give this place a try. It was really nice. They were flexible with food for the kids and gave good advice regarding portion size, sharing dishes etc. The wine list had some interesting choices. Overall a really nice food experience.