“Lovely dinner spot outside of the tourist area”
Review of Vknow

Vknow
Ranked #9 of 277 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is a 6-7 minute drive out of Queenstown in a residential area, but well worth it. The food is absolutely first rate, different from the usual tourist menu, served by one of the owners in afriendly, laid back but efficient manner while the other owner cooks - brilliantly! Very informal, unusual, relaxed, unpretentious atmosphere . Great wines, great food and excellent value for money. No views, but if you're concentrating on the food,wine and conversation who cares? Highly recommended.
Reviewed 29 April 2016

Fortunately one of my taxi drivers recommended this place or I wouldn't have known it was there. It was right across from the Tenoa Aspen where I was staying. I had eaten in the hotel the night before and it was very good, but wanted to try something else. This place was booked out for a birthday party, but as a solo dinner, I was able to sit at the bar without booking ahead. The owner took good care of me and is a very friendly guy. His wife is the chef and she does great things with food. I started with the mushroom & truffle risotto and had the seafood broth for my main. The risotto was probably the best risotto I had ever had. It seemed a bit large for one person, but it was so good, I easily ate it all and still had room for the main ( hadn't really had lunch that day). The seafood broth was equally nice with NZ mussels, prawns, and blue cod in a creamy broth. There was also some spinach and other green leafy things in there and was served with 2 pieces of garlic bread. I managed to eat all of that too. This place was a great find and it's a bonus that it's up the hill in a residential area rather than the standard tourist fare in town. Cost for this with a glass of wine was $60. I believe he also uses things from his own garden when he can.

2  Thank Amy O

Reviewed 24 April 2016

We stayed in Queenstown for over 6 years now and heard a lot about this restaurant in Fernhill. One night we decided to pop in and try their famous smoked chicken with Avacado pizza, which was so delicious. One of the best pizza's we ever had. The owners Danny & Lizzy are always nice & welcoming. The bar has some really nice local wines with some classic Southland beers to match with your meal. Will definitely go their again and highly recommend!

1  Thank sweety3
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 April 2016

Queenstown doesn't lack options for eating out. During our 8 nights, we first used VKnow for take-away pizzas, and then went there for dinner based on the quality of those pizzas. The welcome from Danny was friendly and sincere, and we were all convinced VKnow's food and service reflected that as well. Really good food that, although well presented, was more about taste, quality and quantity, than fancy appearance. Location is a plus, with free parking at the door, which beats driving around central Queenstown trying to find somewhere to park.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 April 2016

Great food and wine, Danny the owner is a great host, and will give good advice on the food and different wines.

1  Thank Colsbowls
Reviewed 18 April 2016

A couple friends and I live in Fernhill and always passed by not really knowing too much about VKnow. We all had the night off and decided to try it out. Were NOT dissapointed. Great wine list. Great shared starters like a smoked meat and cheese board. Artisan pizza. Supremely cooked meats (ribeye, venison, and duck were amazing, succulent, and expertly plated with matching sides). I've eaten at quite a few of the higher rated restaurants in town and Vknow sits among the elite. Will definitely be returning soon!

1  Thank sawyersansom