Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
sharonkM6961KF
Lafayette

Smart hotel good for solo travelers

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Feb 2024
Love the small size and smart features. As a solo traveler I’m looking for clean, inexpensive, and minimalist. One prob was 1st room had leak from above over toilet with drops if using. Before settling in I asked for new room and attendant said no other rooms, but wait, one of our rooms just finished being cleaned and so I moved next door. Instead of saying no other rooms I should have been told one will open up after cleaning. I also liked free coffee and tea in general area and assorted living rooms. Would definitely recommend.
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Harry F, Other at Mi-pad Queenstown Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 5 Mar 2024
Kia Ora sharonkM6961KF - thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad you and enjoyed your stay and will use your feedback to better improve our service here at mi-pad Queenstown. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future!
$224
    $169
5.2 km from Mi-pad Queenstown Hotel
Pool
View more hotels in Queenstown
All reviews vending machine roof terrace shower and toilet stream netflix free hot drinks would stay here again other hotels close to town gas fire modern hotel hot water street parking tea and coffee comfortable bed double room stayed nights few minutes walk
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2024 via mobile

Mi pad exceeded my expectations. I loved the automatic lighting, excellent big shower, super comfortable bed, good wifi.
An easy walk to restaurants, shops and lake.
Don’t miss Patagonia chocolates—the world’s best ice cream!
Excellent rooftop lounge. Grab a takeaway and head on up.

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Harry F, Other at Mi-pad Queenstown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2024

Kia Ora ClareBS101 - thank you for sharing your review, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 January 2024

I found my stay here very interesting... It wasn't the usual type of hotel I'd stay in, but I did enjoy my stay. Queenstown is not a cheap place to stay, and I was staying for 12 days and didn't have a hire car so wanted to be central. I had a friend with me also.

Staff are really friendly. Always had a little chat and greeted you when leaving and coming back in each day. Rooms are VERY small, but there are so many cool break out areas at the hotel that if you need some space you just go to one of those. I regularly went up to the sky terrace or one of the break out areas for some quiet time. My friend and I were in a room with bunk beds, and our beds were like sleeping on a cloud.. There was barely any space for our suitcases, and it was kind of weird entering the room via the bathroom, but we got used to it after a while. It was a quirky place to stay and we didn't spend much time in our room as we were always out and about. I thought the GHD straightener and Hairdryer was a HUGE plus in the bathroom. Awesome idea.

The hotel is near a lot of construction, but you can walk everywhere in Queenstown from there, we were everywhere we wanted to be within a 5 min walk. It really is a fabulous location, and I"d happily stay here again. A modern, quirky hotel that's a bit different to the usual.

Room tip: Rooms are very small but beds comfy. Heaps of breakout areas at hotel to stretch out.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Kia Ora Travellingisliving83 - thank you for sharing your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 October 2023

Was clean and close to city centre. But we did not get any of the inclusions stated in the package and it wasn’t deluxe as it was more like a hostel. Not helpful at reception. Asked many times for our restaurant coupon but they would just say it hasn’t arrived yet.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Kia Ora Y988KRkimb - thank you for sharing your feedback - we are sorry to hear about the inclusions you mention relating to your booking - feel free to reach out to us directly if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed 22 October 2023

I was visiting Queenstown, New Zealand for the first time and I was a bit nervous due to the low price of this hotel. However on arrival I was very impressed by the service and the room.

I was even very fascinated how you are to use an app on your phone to access your room. Although near the end the app failed and I did have to ask for an electronic key instead. But I am sure that can be improved on.

Also I was a bit worried as it was mentioned to me on arrival that the city's water supply had been contaminated. However the hotel very generously offered mineral water bottles as a substitute as the tap water was not suitable for drinking.

The location of this hotel was also excellent as the lake was only a 5 minute walk away as were other eating and drinking locations. I would definitely stay here again should I ever return to Queenstown

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Harry F, Other at Mi-pad Queenstown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2023

Kia Ora 4ThWaller, thank you for sharing your review. We are glad you had a great time and hope to welcome you back in the bear future! Harry

Reviewed 15 September 2023 via mobile

Definitely a cool experience. My highlight was the their drink vending machine with free coffees & hot chocolates - also had cold water with ice next to it which I loved.. although the one on my level was broken 🙂

Loved the location of this hotel - walked almost everywhere!

The room itself wasn’t too bad. I got the deluxe twin room w/ balcony - there were pairs of socks on our balcony.. not sure whose. The lights in the bathroom were all motion sensor activated so they would turn on and off at night which was annoying. There was a panel to switch certain lights on/off & one to change the temperature - built into the head board which was convenient.

I also remember having do not disturb on before we left the hotel to explore the city, but we came back and our beds were made - I had brought my stuffed animal but found it on the ground upon arrival 😔

When going to check-out, I smelt weed in the elevator as a nice parting gift! (Pls add more cameras inside the hotel)

Overall, had an alright experience :-)

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Harry F, Other at Mi-pad Queenstown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2023

Kia Ora angeliqck - thank you for sharing your feedback - we will certainly use your comments to better coach our team, therefore we appreciate your taking the time to do so. We hope to welcome you back to Queenstown in the near future! Thank you