“Awsome fun”

US$168.20*
and up
Queenstown Shotover River White Water Rafting
More attraction details
Owner description: Whitewater rafting is the last extreme experience in the adventure capital of New Zealand and we intend to keep it that way. You will embark on a man V nature battle of willpower in one of the most scenic environments in the world. Raft where the jetboats fear to go and prepare to take a rapid in the face as you hold on during this four hour paddle experience. Don’t take photos of the river, take on the river.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Myself and girlfriend booked white water rafting with go orange on the Shotover River. The guides were funny from the start, we got driven down skippers canyon,one of the most dangerous roads in the world to get to our starting point. It was pretty cool and the driver was class, a bus full of people with a trailer full of boats, fairplay hats off. Our guide tucker was very experienced and professional. The river was high so the rapids were super fun. Loved it. Highly recommend

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"great afternoon"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We did the Kawarau river rafting trip. The guides were entertaining and the operation runs well. They gave wetsuits and layers to keep warm. I was a little concerned about the sanitation of the suits as it mainly consistent of dunking in soapy water for a few seconds for attire that on your skin. Some of the jackets still had linger BO from prior users. The trip itself was a bit short - two small rapids and a larger rapid with very calm paddling in between. I suspect the Shotover would be more exciting, but with the deaths in March and May 2018 - I was a bit concerned about the rapids on that trip. The guides were well trained and informative. Overall, this would be a great trip for beginner rafters.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a great rafting trip - Jones, Martin and Ricky (plus bus driver) made the trip enjoyable from start to finish. Great fun on the rapids - especially for my 62 year old dad’s first time rafting.

They provided all the kit which kept us warm. Did appreciate the hot shower at the end.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Jack was a fantastic guide as he took us river rafting! He was super engaging and experienced as he took us down the K river.
I was a nervous at the beginning, but as soon as the first rapid was done, I felt confident in Jack and it the rest of the way felt like a breeze!

It may be common sense, but we were not informed to bring a swimwear (or a change of underwear) or a towel. We got quite wet. The wetsuits kept us warm and pretty dry, but it would have been nice if I had known to bring a towel to have a shower after

Date of experience: October 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 November 2018

My experience with GO Orange and snowboarding was a nightmare. We attended the shop in queenstown to collect our equipment, the whole process was like pulling teeth. There was not any particular process besides waiting for them to call you up (we were part of a group), given you a card that didn't work and leaving you to your own devices to fit and size yourself.

The overall experience of snowboarding was amazing and the trip to and from the shop front was pretty enjoyable.

My word of advice would strongly encourage the team to have better organisation skills (or fake it till you make it) when dealing with a larger group of people, rather then having your staff complain about how much of an inconvenience it was to have us there. Sadly do to comments like this being made I can safely say that I will not be returning in the future, nor would I be encouraging my family and friends to go through them either.

Date of experience: September 2018