“Great fun!”

and up
Shotover Canyon Swing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Not all companies are created equal. Our exceptional style of service is all part of your experience, our goal; to put a smile on your face either from fear or delight! Our 109m high Canyon Swing with a 60m freefall, and 182m high Canyon Fox with a 5m drop are just the ticket to get your heart pumping. Whichever way you jump, launch or get released, there’s a fun or scary style for you. Gravity is a toy. Come out and play.
Reviewed 13 April 2017

We loved this. It's so much better than bungy jumping. You really get to enjoy the canyon while being a bit crazy. The staff was great as well. My parents wanted to come watch and they were allowed for free, so they got to view the canyon as well. They are also a bit older so move a little slower but the staff was excellent. They even carried their stuff for them to help them out.

We did the fox only now the swing and it was incredible. Next time I'm in Queenstown I'm doing it again, for sure!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Sadly, it ' s not as famous as A.J.Hackett and the Nevis. What a shame, coz it' s as good as all of them ! The crew is super friendly, very well trained welcoming and funny ! The site is one of the closest (with the ledge) and you have over 70 different possibilities to jump ! Upside down, hand stand, backwards, 7 strings... Your choice ! you pick up and fall from 109 m height ! (world' s highest cliff jump) 60 m further down, you nicely get caught by your best friend at this exact moment (the elastic !) and you go for a nice and smooth 200 m swing.. Very nice camera angles/shots, you can do it again if you' re brave enough for less than than $50 (depending on the availability)

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Very well organized, great staff, encouraging and funny. Breathe taking scenery, very professional, step outside your comfort zone and just do it.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

I done the fox. It was fun, great funny team and beautiful scenery! That was a good value that you pay once and get to experience 3 things. Really worthy!

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

I actually did the canyon swing a few years ago but couldnt go back to date the review. I just have to review my experience as I think about it often. I have the dvd which I was so glad I purchased of me doing the canyon swing, going backwards which I often show my friends who has a great laugh watching me being at my most vulnerable. I got to say I will never forget the experience of being so scared cause I hate heights and doing it backwards with staff just leaving me hang off the edge shaved 10 yrs off my life. I will never do anything like this again due to my fear of heights (however I will jump out of plane one day). But I am glad I did it with Canyon swing as have such amazing staff which did every strategy to calm me and support me. Make sure you get your dvd as best memory I own to this day.