“Highlight of my Trip!”

US$165.22*
Shotover Canyon Swing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Not all companies are created equal. Our exceptional style of service is all part of your experience, our goal; to put a smile on your face either from fear or delight! Our 109m high Canyon Swing with a 60m freefall, and 182m high Canyon Fox with a 5m drop are just the ticket to get your heart pumping. Whichever way you jump, launch or get released, there’s a fun or scary style for you. Gravity is a toy. Come out and play.
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

If there is one thing you have to do while visiting Queenstown, New Zealand its the Shotover Canyon swing. Yes it's frightening but once you jump the adrenaline rush is indescribable and probably the best experience of my life. Our guide Tallas was awesome. From beginning to the end, he stayed with us and I felt safe the whole time. The drive there is short and the whole experience takes about two and half hours. Arrive 15 minutes prior to departure to check in . You meet your guide (by the way has jumped thousands of times and is extremely experienced) and they take your weight. Then as your palm are sweaty, they bus you up to the mountain. During the short bus ride, they show you videos of different jumping styles so you can decide which is the best for you. Once you get to the location, it's extremely nerve-racking but the team there is very supportive. My boyfriend and I went first and we jumped together. After everyone in our group jumped, I went ahead and jump for the second time by myself and I'm happy I did that because the experience is completely different. I highly recommend this as it is only $45 more which is pretty cheap . Also, As you watch others jump they have a live video streaming on deck so you can see their experience as well. After everyone jumps you head back to their main office where they have a team in the back editing and putting together an awesome video footage for you to purchase. I highly recommend that you purchase the video footage and the photos. Then once you are done with that, they bus you back to town but not without letting you know your bracelet also gives you happy hour prices at a local bar. Definitely go there afterwards because you'll need a drink or two to celebrate & digest that you just jumped off a 100m cliff!!

Reviewed 15 March 2017

I found this so terrifying that I was almost reluctant to go with a 5 star rating, but then I decided that the fact I cried the whole way there and up to the point of the jump itself just means that I'm a wuss, not that this isn't an incredible activity :)

I've done a couple of skydives before, and I have to say this actually gave me more of a rush - there's nothing like it! For those who are nervous or unsure (or maybe debating between this and a bungee), I would recommend going with the swing and selecting the 'Cutaway' option; that way, as long as you have the nerve to get there and let them strap you up, you don't actually have to make the jump as you're in someone else's hands.

This was a genuinely amazing experience, and I'm gutted that NZ is so far from the UK as it means I can't go again!

Reviewed 11 March 2017

This is great for people who don't want to sky dive or bungee jump but still do something that gives you an adrenaline rush. It is terrifying but such an amazing experience. There are so many different jump styles that you can change to suit whatever you're comfortable with. There is also the tandem option if you don't want to go alone, which is the option I selected. We had Morgan, Kev and Arnie who made us feel super scared but that was all part of the experience.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Don't let age get in the way of this amazing experience. Steeping outside our comfort zone and taking the swing was one of the best experience both my husband and I had whilst travelling on our motorcycle for a month in the South Island. As they say " just do it"

1  Thank Mich2154
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Awesome crew who definitely love messing with you! But it makes it that much more intense. Don't hold back, its a great experience and iconic to New Zealand.