“Scary as hell!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Shotover Canyon Fox from Queenstown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At the home of the world’s highest cliff jumps, our already famous 109m high Canyon Swing and our not yet famous 182m high Canyon Fox are just the ticket to get your heart pumping and put smiles on your faces! Whichever way you jump, launch or get released, there’s a fun or scary style for you. Throw our staff into the mix and you’ve got an experience of a lifetime. Gravity is a toy. Come out and play!
Leicester, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Scary as hell!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

I found this so terrifying that I was almost reluctant to go with a 5 star rating, but then I decided that the fact I cried the whole way there and up to the point of the jump itself just means that I'm a wuss, not that this isn't an incredible activity :)

I've done a couple of skydives before, and I have to say this actually gave me more of a rush - there's nothing like it! For those who are nervous or unsure (or maybe debating between this and a bungee), I would recommend going with the swing and selecting the 'Cutaway' option; that way, as long as you have the nerve to get there and let them strap you up, you don't actually have to make the jump as you're in someone else's hands.

This was a genuinely amazing experience, and I'm gutted that NZ is so far from the UK as it means I can't go again!

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An experience you must have in Queenstown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is great for people who don't want to sky dive or bungee jump but still do something that gives you an adrenaline rush. It is terrifying but such an amazing experience. There are so many different jump styles that you can change to suit whatever you're comfortable with. There is also the tandem option if you don't want to go alone, which is the option I selected. We had Morgan, Kev and Arnie who made us feel super scared but that was all part of the experience.

Visited February 2017
Currarong, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“2 x 60 year old Aussies kill it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Don't let age get in the way of this amazing experience. Steeping outside our comfort zone and taking the swing was one of the best experience both my husband and I had whilst travelling on our motorcycle for a month in the South Island. As they say " just do it"

1 Thank Mich2154
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Thrill like none other”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Awesome crew who definitely love messing with you! But it makes it that much more intense. Don't hold back, its a great experience and iconic to New Zealand.

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
15 attraction reviews
“Fun and philanthropic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I accompanied my two adult children as a spectator. Our guide Daniel was very informative, helpful and showed care and time to put all the participants at ease. My kids did the scariest options on both the canyon fox and the canyon swing, with my daughter paying the additional fee for a second swing. Participants are advised to wear closed toe footwear. Unfortunately as a spectator, I wore open toe sandals which were not a good choice for the steep walks up and down the gravel walkway to the fox and swing locations. The spectator viewing platforms gave reasonable views of the fox and swing. I was very impressed that (during the week we were there) the company had reduced the prices and donated all their flying fox earnings to a fundraiser for a school in the northern part of the island that had been damaged in an earthquake. Philanthropic company with great staff and a fun activity.

Visited February 2017