“Fun and philanthropic!”

and up
Shotover Canyon Fox from Queenstown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At the home of the world’s highest cliff jumps, our already famous 109m high Canyon Swing and our not yet famous 182m high Canyon Fox are just the ticket to get your heart pumping and put smiles on your faces! Whichever way you jump, launch or get released, there’s a fun or scary style for you. Throw our staff into the mix and you’ve got an experience of a lifetime. Gravity is a toy. Come out and play!
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun and philanthropic!”
Reviewed 6 March 2017

I accompanied my two adult children as a spectator. Our guide Daniel was very informative, helpful and showed care and time to put all the participants at ease. My kids did the scariest options on both the canyon fox and the canyon swing, with my daughter paying the additional fee for a second swing. Participants are advised to wear closed toe footwear. Unfortunately as a spectator, I wore open toe sandals which were not a good choice for the steep walks up and down the gravel walkway to the fox and swing locations. The spectator viewing platforms gave reasonable views of the fox and swing. I was very impressed that (during the week we were there) the company had reduced the prices and donated all their flying fox earnings to a fundraiser for a school in the northern part of the island that had been damaged in an earthquake. Philanthropic company with great staff and a fun activity.

• Korean first
Shellharbour, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Super Fun Must Do”
Reviewed 6 March 2017

We done a tandem jump is was really awesome. It is cool how you can change your jump style to have more fun.
The views and experience is full of adrenaline!
The crew is super fun and cheeky.
Thanks guys!

Visited February 2017
“Amazing rush and banter”
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

I did the canyon fox zipline and I'm still buzzing! The free fall takes your breath away and the ride down over the canyon is beautiful! Dan, Roberts, Chris and Hugh made it even more amazing with awesome banter.. made me laugh and enjoy the experience even more.. Lynne and Sophie were awesome, helpful and the best friendly faces to see on the other side :) would recommend to anyone who wants to feel a wicked rush with the best staff. Pics are really cool too! Thanks guys

Visited March 2017
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“So amazing! Go do it now!!”
Reviewed 4 March 2017

CANYON SWING:

I loved this so much! Highlight of my trip! The staff are all really friendly and the boys working at the actual swing are a great laugh. They really want to you have fun on your jump and do everything they can to make that happen.
You can choose any jump style you want basically, I chose one of the scariest! The seven count (dodgy looking piece of rope) is great fun, I saw someone else do the chair and it looked terrifying!

I had a bit of an issue booking as I was getting a combo with the jet boat and my swing was booked in for the wrong day, so to make up for it the staff offered me a different time and gave me my photos and videos for free! To be fair the photo packages are A LOT cheaper than some things I've been to and they actually let you take your own goPro if you have a chest harness so I'd suggest doing that if you can.

It is a little bit expensive but if you do more than one jump the others are considerably cheaper, and if you're not likely to be back in New Zealand anytime soon it is well worth it!!

If you are looking for an adrenaline rush I would definitely recommend this!!

“Amazing Fun”
Reviewed 28 February 2017

The canyon swing gives you a great adrenaline rush. The staff are all amazing and make you feel totally at ease while having a laugh with you and making the experience even more fun. I would say that the video and photos are worth the money as they look great.