“Mouthwatering halloumi starter”

Akarua Wines & Kitchen by Artisan
Ranked #10 of 268 Restaurants in Queenstown
Reviewed 12 April 2021 via mobile

Fantastic lunch at this beautiful winery.
The food was amazing. My mum, brother and I enjoyed all courses of our lunch.
My particular favourite was my halloumi starter with watermelon, mint and balsamic vinegar. What a combination of flavours.
They were very accommodating of my nut allergy and compromised on a dessert for me.
The Wine of course never disappoints.
One thing we noted was that we were looked after by numerous staff over the course of our lunch.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank trudy_11
Write a reviewReviews (513)

Reviewed 6 April 2021 via mobile

I ordered the fish lunch which apparently wasn't a good choice, given that the others in our group were much more happy. The fish was three miserable little bits, overcooked, and dry. If I hadn't ordered the vegetable side dish I would have been very hungry and grumpy.

The menu is a bit strange in that there were only two main dishes that could be ordered by an individual. If you want to have your own meal with a suitable glass of wine you better be flexible.

The waitress was very nice and it is a great place to sit and have a meal.

Date of visit: April 2021
2  Thank Dennis J
Reviewed 24 March 2021 via mobile

What a place to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I could rave on about the food (it was special) but I prefer to mention the service. It was friendly and welcoming, we got great recommendations for food and wine.
When Jason found out it was or anniversary he presented us with a glass of bubbles each. A small gesture for him but you can have no idea how special it was for us.
We will return, and return, and return that’s for certain.
By the way we had the salmon with the twice cooked potatoes. OMG it was lovely.
Thanks guys for making our day do special.

Reviewed 16 March 2021

The setting for lunch at Akarua Wines is excellent. The setting is accompanied with wonderful wines (I recommend doing a tasting) and excellently presented and very lovely food.
I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 11 March 2021 via mobile

Whenever we are in town we come back for the salmon and lamb....never failed us and will return on our next visit again.

1  Thank scottyAuckland