“I don't eat a lot of sugar, but when I do I want it to be worth it!”
Review of Balls and Bangles

Balls and Bangles
Ranked #35 of 268 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Description: Balls and Bangles Queenstown is all about crazy donuts, shakes, coffee and delicious bagels. We bake everyday in the early hours of the morning to bring you the best quality bagels and donuts because we believe fresh is the only way. Come on in for a treat or two!
Reviewed 1 June 2022

I don't eat a lot of sugar, but when I do I want it to be worth it! When I was 15 my stepdad owned a bakery, and they made the most amazing jam donuts. I have searched for donuts like this for the past 40 years, looking for that sublime experience of the perfect combination of soft, chewy, sugary sweet goodness. My search ended at Balls and Bangles Queenstown, who had been recommended to me by another bakery in town when I enquired if they had jam donuts. Balls and Bangles is donut heaven. Amazing variety to choose from ranging from from your ordinary type of donut to wildly adventurous concoctions. We didn't try the latter, but we did take away a box of donuts, and ate the jam donuts back at the hotel and took the rest on the flight home. The donuts never made it home though, in flight refreshments being what they are currently, we were the envy of other passengers as we feasted on donuts while they nibbled on their paltry Cookie Time cookie or packet of 5 corn chips. I'm back in a month for my birthday and this time I am taking some home to share.

Date of visit: April 2022
Write a reviewReviews (267)

Reviewed 2 May 2022

What an incredible experience to eat at Balls and Bangles. The variety of bagels is exceptional, the prices are very reasonable and the array of indulgent doughnuts simply irresistable. I would highly recommend a visit here!

Reviewed 26 April 2022 via mobile

First time there mixed up my order and coffee was below temp, however enjoyed the wrong order they gave me more than the salmon that I went back for the second day.

Date of visit: March 2022
Reviewed 13 April 2022 via mobile

The food does look somewhat good, despite the sky high prices. But we made a booking online with first table, and had it cancelled with no warning. First off, they had listed a time of 5pm for dinner, but they weren’t even going to be open then. Which is not our fault, but theirs. Who allows a booking to be made for closing time? Although they tried to blame first table for that.

When I tried talking to the manager about getting it earlier or getting it takeaway, and asked if I could still use my voucher I was ignored and to this day she never got back to me. She said how they were struggling with Covid and were short staffed, that’s why she cancelled, but it was more about how they wanted us to come in, just not with first table - which is discriminatory. They cancelled our first table booking due to short staff but still were fine for us to come without first table.

For a business that is apparently seeing the affects of covid they turned two customers away who were planning to go for their 20 and 21st birthday dinner with no reasoning and no further communication. This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had and feel it is purely based on discrimination. Wish I could rate them zero stars. Have shared my experience with others who were mortified and will no longer go to balls and bangles, so thought I would share here too.

1  Thank Liv752
Reviewed 4 January 2022 via mobile

We stopped in briefly to get takeaway drinks and doughnuts and wow! The service was friendly and efficient despite how busy they were on a public holiday. The coffee was great, and the doughnuts are amazing! Particularly recommend the ones with syringes in so you can add your own topping as well as the filling inside and them already having a topping, they are a real treat.

Date of visit: January 2022