“Simply WOW!”
Review of Balls and Bangles

Balls and Bangles
Ranked #37 of 268 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Description: Balls and Bangles Queenstown is all about crazy donuts, shakes, coffee and delicious bagels. We bake everyday in the early hours of the morning to bring you the best quality bagels and donuts because we believe fresh is the only way. Come on in for a treat or two!
Reviewed 2 May 2022

What an incredible experience to eat at Balls and Bangles. The variety of bagels is exceptional, the prices are very reasonable and the array of indulgent doughnuts simply irresistable. I would highly recommend a visit here!

Date of visit: April 2022
Write a reviewReviews (267)

Reviewed 26 April 2022 via mobile

First time there mixed up my order and coffee was below temp, however enjoyed the wrong order they gave me more than the salmon that I went back for the second day.

Date of visit: March 2022
Reviewed 13 April 2022 via mobile

The food does look somewhat good, despite the sky high prices. But we made a booking online with first table, and had it cancelled with no warning. First off, they had listed a time of 5pm for dinner, but they weren’t even going to be open then. Which is not our fault, but theirs. Who allows a booking to be made for closing time? Although they tried to blame first table for that.

When I tried talking to the manager about getting it earlier or getting it takeaway, and asked if I could still use my voucher I was ignored and to this day she never got back to me. She said how they were struggling with Covid and were short staffed, that’s why she cancelled, but it was more about how they wanted us to come in, just not with first table - which is discriminatory. They cancelled our first table booking due to short staff but still were fine for us to come without first table.

For a business that is apparently seeing the affects of covid they turned two customers away who were planning to go for their 20 and 21st birthday dinner with no reasoning and no further communication. This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had and feel it is purely based on discrimination. Wish I could rate them zero stars. Have shared my experience with others who were mortified and will no longer go to balls and bangles, so thought I would share here too.

Date of visit: April 2022
1  Thank Liv752
Reviewed 4 January 2022 via mobile

We stopped in briefly to get takeaway drinks and doughnuts and wow! The service was friendly and efficient despite how busy they were on a public holiday. The coffee was great, and the doughnuts are amazing! Particularly recommend the ones with syringes in so you can add your own topping as well as the filling inside and them already having a topping, they are a real treat.

Date of visit: January 2022
Reviewed 30 December 2021 via mobile

A great place for a special brunch before flying out of Queenstown. The kids had donut/milkshake combos, good bagels for us older ones. Good yo have GF options for the bagels, too.

Date of visit: December 2021