All reviews close to the airport washer and dryer secure parking walking distance handy location minute drive excellent stay cooking facilities easy access enjoyed my stay small kitchen bed was comfortable great place to stay would stay again studio room rental car reception staff
Reviewed 23 May 2017

This is a great location to the airport, rental car companies and the Remarkables shopping centre. Lovely big room and bathroom. Couldn't fault it really - except that the pedestal basins annoy me in hotels. There is no where to put your toilet bags, makeup, etc.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
qtngm, General Manager at Ramada Suites by Wyndham Queenstown Remarkables Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you for staying with us kiwidaisyWaikato and pleased to read that you enjoyed Ramada Queenstown and the conveniences we offer.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Few minutes from airport, everything within easy reach (buses two minute walk if you don't have a car). Twenty minutes to Queenstown by bus, bit less by car. Great views from room. Underground car park (useful when wet and/or snowing).

Room tip: I had a car so everything easy to access. Shops are just a two minute walk.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us Gayle and pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our staff lovely and friendly.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Very clean and lovely staff. Spacious room. Much nicer than the Hilton - wish I had booked here before staying at the Hilton. The only down side was the bed - it was rock hard and difficult to sleep on - woke up a lot with discomfort. If they changed there beds I would have given them a higher score.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us Billie J and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed Ramada Queenstown. I'm sure you'll agree that bed comfort depends on the person, as we have so much positive feedback regarding how comfortable ur beds are, but do appreciate that this is subjective according to the individual.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Quiet area about 15mins bus ride to town. Free parking if you drive. Good size room that is clean with comfortable bed. Reception staff, especially Carla, was cheerful and helpful. Washer/dryer/small kitchen handy. Wifi connection is excellent.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us siangkc and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our staff cheerful and helpful - especially Carla.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Of the 12 accommodations we stayed in during our trip, this was my least favorite. I was surprised, since generally I like Ramadas. In fairness, I probably got the least expensive room at $129. Although some of the rooms are much bigger than typical hotel rooms (we saw some open doors), ours was not. Still, it had a fridge, microwave, toaster, dishes, utensils, table and 2 chairs, and an upholstered chair. There was good closet space, a luggage rack, and an ironing board and iron. The room was clean and the bathroom had a heated towel rack (although I can’t say I felt heat on my towel). There were mirrors out side the bathroom, so I didn’t have to monopolize the bathroom while getting ready. Free wi-fi was included. There was a fitness center downstairs. While they were friendly at the front desk, they were not able to get us into our room before 2PM. They are not obligated to get us in early, so I don’t hold that against them. They also didn’t seem to be at full capacity, so they probably could have gotten us into another room, but it most likely would have meant a free upgrade, so that wasn’t happening. The hotel is about a 12-15 minute drive from downtown, which a lot of people wouldn’t like but was fine with us. It is right next to the airport, and there is a LOT of construction around. It looks like Queenstown is expanding and Ramada will be ready, and right in the heart of things. There is a small plaza within walking distance with a grocery store. So far, it doesn’t sound so bad. However, there were some definite down sides to this room. First, when we initially opened the door and had all our luggage in tow, it was not a welcome sight to see 18 – yes, eighteen – stairs leading up to our room. It’s a good thing we are able to climb stairs and drag our luggage up as well. Also, it is a good thing my husband and I are short. The ceiling is sloped, which looks interesting but isn’t very practical. If you are about 5’8” or taller, when you stand up from the toilet you will hit your head on the ceiling. Once I had my hair wrapped up in a towel I was hitting the ceiling while trying to use the sink. And drying my hair in the bathroom didn’t work – again, hitting the ceiling. You will fit into the shower up to about 6’. Also, there was no conditioner, etc. in the shower – which is fine, since it’s supposed to be apartment style, even though ours was as small as a typical hotel room – but there was no place to put any of that stuff in the shower except on the floor. Other small issues – they supplied packets of powdered dishwasher soap (not liquid dishwashing soap) for the dishes even though of course there was not a dishwasher, there weren’t enough outlets (in order to charge my iPad near the bed I had to unplug the lamp and use an extension cord), and they sure could have used a hook or two in the bathroom. But my favorite thing was that they had a washer/dryer right in the room. I was so looking forward to being able to do laundry without going anywhere! Well, it’s one single unit that is supposed to wash and dry the clothes all in the same machine. There were no instructions in the room, just something you could scan if you had a smart phone, which we don’t. I did finally find something online although it wasn’t all that helpful. Still, we finally got the thing to work, but 3 ½ hours later our lightweight clothes were still not dry! We ended up trying a second load and turned the heat up a couple of notches (not all the way to the highest setting, though), and when I checked on them at one point, I actually felt like I burned my hands. So it was a nice thought to put a washer/dryer unit in each room, but we would have been better off going to a Laundromat. With all of the accommodations in Queenstown, I would have to say I’d try somewhere else.

Room tip: If you get a small room, ask if there are stairs inside it and if the ceilings are sloped
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MikenSue726
qtngm, General Manager at Ramada Suites by Wyndham Queenstown Remarkables Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Hi Sue,

A quick note to say thank you for your comprehensive review of the Studio Loft, there is some really good feedback from you that will assist us to improve our product.

That said Sue, you will appreciate that there is only so much that can be done with this room type, and I can personally assure you that we do our best to make sure guests are as well informed as the OTA (Online Travel Agent) will allow us to be .

On the Expedia website we do have the low ceiling height referenced, and there is a photo of the x 18 stairs.

Sue I again thank you though for being comprehensive, as guest feedback is invaluable, so I sincerely appreciate you making the time to write.