1,524 results
All reviews studio room these apartments road noise gas fire beautiful apartment full kitchen underfloor heating walk into town undercover parking amazing views lake wakatipu frankton road washer and dryer small kitchenette our honeymoon laundry facilities we loved our stay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a view. The upstairs SuperSuites have a fantastic view of Lake Wakatipu just across the street. Included covered parking and wi-fi. In room microwave, oven, stove, and fridge. Self laundry just outside the door is shared with adjacent unit. Walk 10 minutes to very eclectic shopping and dining area. 10 mins from airport. Maria was very helpful.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
HMSSPQ, General Manager at Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear fwflyer thank you for a fantastic review and I will pass on your comments to Maria who would be glad to hear back from you. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and yes the views are just stunning. I look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

When I read the reviews before booking for this trip, the negative reviews revolved around lack of maintenance. We I drove in to check-in, the first thing I noticed was a 3rd World driveway...potholed, uneven and unsightly...
The staff were very pleasant and helpful and showed us the one bedroom suite, which was as pictured on the website, well appointed with a wonderful view.
It took the staff quite sometime to light the gas fire, and at one stage there as talk of swapping rooms, but eventually the fire came to life.
On our second of three night stay, I asked about using the spa as promoted on the website, which was something that swayed me to book the room. The staff member looked at me and said the spa is out of use and is still yet to be repaired..!!!
I do not think the owners want to spend too much on maintaining their nice property, which stopped me from giving it 5 stars.
We did have a great stay, but will check to see if the spa is working before booking again.

Room Tip: Would recommend booking a 1 bedroom suite, very well appointed, and spacious.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Russell M

Dear Russell, thank you for taking the time to review us which is highly appreciated as it helps us to continually improve our services and facilities. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we working on having the spa operating again very soon so you can enjoy it on your next stay with. I look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 28 October 2018

I recently stayed here with friends as we toured the South Island. Initially for two nights, we enjoyed our stay so much that we took another night here a few days later on our way back through Queenstown. Though these are serviced apartments rather than a hotel (not that you'd notice much difference), room quality in my opinion is between "high end 4" and 5 star. The walk into town is around 25mins, so if you're happy with that I'd highly recommend. We were made to feel very welcome and there were some nice personal touches to greet us in the room. Very friendly and attentive reception staff. Probably the best of nine different accommodations we encountered during two weeks of touring the South Island.

Room Tip: End of block rooms seem a little larger
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
HMSSPQ, General Manager at Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear DJH747 thank you for your time and such a lovely comment on your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay which the team will be glad to hear. We look forward to welcoming you on your third stay with us.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Our family spent 3 nights in a two bedroom apartment. Reception greeted us, showed us through our apartment. Lovely touch of bread and condiments, chocolates. Kitchen well set up, pleasure to cook with that view. A Nespresso machine would top it off..but there is a coffee plunger. Gas fire and the lake view make you instantly feel relaxed. Beds are very soft like you are lying on a doona. Stairs up to the unit with a path next to stairs to drag up your suitcase..although we found that difficult there are then steps down to the unit for us. If you have mobility difficulties it would be very difficult, unless there is a disabled access unit.
We did notice that our 2nd bedroom was a separate suite (-no particular view)that would share the entrance if we only had only booked one bedroom apartment.. personally I would want to know if this was happening if I booked 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom is being booked by others. Easy walk into town via road or via the lake path.
We hired bikes from reception for half a day to ride around the lake.
We loved our stay.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear amber44_10 thank you for your comments and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you in near future.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

Fantastic! On arrival we were welcomed with bread and condiments and milk. The staff walked us to our room and showed us everything, even how to use the free wifi - which was great! 5 star service. Loved the fire, the amenities and all. Whilst the road noise is a downside it is easily blocked out when the door closed and well worth it for the view - and what a view it is! A postcard perfect view that changes before your eyes. We loved our stay at these apartments, it was by far the best placed we stayed.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear Scott G,

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a fantastic comment on your stay with us. I will share your comments with my team who would be glad to hear back from you. I look forward to welcoming you on your next stay with us.