All reviews snow peas town centre mates heaps mountains
Reviewed 12 January 2019 via mobile

My husband and I had booked to stay here for 2 nights while in Queenstown and I can honestly say it's the worst place I've ever seen . The first thing that I noticed when we arrived was the smell of fried food , it was disgusting but as we had already paid for the room, we booked in , the receptionist told us to go through a communal room to get to our bedroom , there were people lying about couches and on the floor , the corridor to our room was very dark and the room itself was horrible, there was Marks all over the walls , the furniture was all chipped and broken and there was no soap in the toilet. We stayed in the room a whole 10mins , just enough time to go online and book another hotel . This is a backpackers and should be advertised as such . When we took the key back and told them we wouldn't be staying the receptionist apologised and said he didn't have anything g else to offer us . This is a very overpriced smelly backpackers.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2019 via mobile

This is similar to a hostel with sharing accomodation. No privacy. Can hear guests at the bar until late into night.Some staff has nothing to offer to do in beautiful Queenstown. Good if you're planning just to sleep. Below average breakfast with overprice room rates.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Chamrenu
Reviewed 10 January 2019

We stayed at the Reavers Lodge during the Holiday Season. The room rates were a complete cash grab/gauge. The door latch of the was broken and so the washroom/toilet did not lock. When you tried to slide close the door, it would leave a huge gap so that people from the room could possibly see you The toilet/washroom was enough for a person to fit in sideways. When you took a shower the water would flow everywhere, and create a mess.

No shampoo/soap. Receptionist available till only 6p.m. Rooms were not the best.
In short stay here only as a last resort, and if no options are available.

Room tip: Ttime of the year we understand rooms are expensive, but the motel pricing was downright robbery; rooms were of very poor quality.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2019

room was dark and gloomy. narrow toilet. beds were not comfortable. room was not clean. found a used condom. not worth the price paid. location wise was good as it was only a 10-15 min walk to the town centre. breakfast provided was standard with bread and cereal.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

This is my first ever review. Believe the reviews on this place. Seems like some strike it lucky here but mostly it's dire. The only thing I enjoyed was the bar. I had tried to cancel prior but no refund available. Room seemed fine at first, not super clean but manageable for one night. By the time I realised all the problems there was nobody at front desk. Large area of wet carpet that was covered by a mat!? Large flies which would appear out of nowhere, window was closed the whole night. I swatted over 10 large flies during the hours of not being able to sleep until 1am due to the noise outside and in near rooms and still there were more flies when I was awoken at 5am by people wheeling their suitcases past. The beds were comfy enough and unstained luckily. I survived the night by drenching the room in antibacterial spray. It's pretty yuck. I would recommend spending more money at some place nicer rather than this so called bargain, it will be worth it.

Trip type: Travelled with family