Book In Advance
Tours from Real Journeys tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Real Journeys
from US$59.69
from US$252.09
from US$305.45
from US$216.98
1,663 results
All reviews milford mariner overnight cruise milford wanderer nature cruise new zealand tasman sea the bus te anau slide show next morning water activities nature guide before dinner doubtful sound tender boat south island fur seals
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were taken aback by the gorgeous surroundings. We went on the Nature Cruise departing Queenstown. It is a long day, but I would do it again. Chima was the kindest guide. She lent her personal mobile to a lady who was with her 12 yo girl and they had to change travel arrangements. The driver was really good was well. Super recommend!

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 13 September 2018

I hate buses. I did not hate this bus.

I agree with another reviewer that the journey here was as good as the destination. Brian, our driver, was amazing. He knew so much about everything. And he related all of his information using humor and personal stories. He was just a pleasure to listen to.

Attention to detail is what set the journey apart for me. I carry a lot of camera equipment. And on a 12 hour day, this stuff needs to be recharged often. Each seat has two USB ports. And those seats, by the way, are quite comfortable with lots of legroom. I'm 6'1" (about 184cm) and I had no issues whatsoever.

And you had no excuse not to get great pictures because the windows were immaculately clean.

Lots of breaks along the way - breaks that made sense - not just for the sake of having a break. You learned something during each.

It's a long day, and Milford Sound is completely worth that journey. But the experience on the way out and back, along with the attention to every detail and Brian's unique narration of the trip, put this in my Top 3 experiences I've ever had.

When I asked my hotel to book me the best, they didn't hesitate to book Real Journeys. And they were right. There is nothing I would change.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Maybe it’s because I’ve seen so many images of Milford Sound in magazines etc that my experience of it on a rainy grey cloudy day was a bit of a let down. All the brochures had much better images of Milford Sound than what I saw. For me, the journey to Milford Sound was the highlight of the whole trip. I am so glad that I picked Real Journeys because they had the most amazing cool looking coach with the biggest windows (including glass roof) that I was literally surrounded by the scenery like a mini IMAX movie. If I joined a cheaper tour without the big windows, I would’ve just got Milford Sound which was not looking its best. So yes, paying the extra dollars was worth it. Big shout out to our driver Roland, who was so masterful at the wheel, and to Chiba-san our well-informed guide who narrated the scenery as we drove along and made the whole trip enjoyable as well as educational.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 30 August 2018

The conditions were cold but fine. The snow was all over the mountains.
We took a real journeys coach from Te Anu to Milford for a cruise on the mariner.
Take in the whole experience. The views were spectacular on the way in and on the sound itself.
It was a great day spent in a wonderful area of New Zealand.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We booked an afternoon cruise with Real Journeys and I think it was a good choice as we were driving ourselves and this allowed us plenty of time to get there. It also meant the rain and stopped and sun was out for our 2pm cruising time. There was only about 15 people on our boat which meant we could take plenty of photos and not have to feel too crowded. The cruising time felt just right. Not too short or too long. We saw dolphins and seals. It is an afternoon I’ll remember for a long time. I’ve attached photos of the boat we were on as the other more modern boats seemed to be absolutely packed with people. I was happy we had a much less crowded experience.

Date of experience: September 2017