“Bad service, watery curry.”
Review of Curry Guru

Curry Guru
Ranked #66 of 119 Restaurants in Invercargill
Reviewed 12 October 2023

In town this week for work, hankering for a good curry. Went in, placed my order & paid, was told it'd be 10 minutes. Returned in that timespan after visiting another shop, person who took my order made eye contact with recognition, so I figured it wouldn't be too much longer. 5mins went by & another customer came in & ordered. Another 10 mins go by and the customer who ordered AFTER me got his meal! I made eye contact with the staff member who promptly vanished. Rang bell, it was ignored. A couple mins later I finally got my meal. Will definitely go somewhere else for tomorrow night, awful, avoidant service, and after all that, the curry was watery, & flavourless!

Date of visit: October 2023

Reviewed 8 October 2023

Best curry in town, highly recommended. Recommend the butter chicken and nann as it was very delicious

Date of visit: October 2023
Reviewed 6 November 2021

Got a meal this week and the naan were so burnt and black, we couldn’t eat them! We normally go there every week but sadly we won’t be returning!

Date of visit: November 2021
Reviewed 30 September 2021 via mobile

I ordered a regular butter chicken. The chicken had burnt bits around the edges and was not hot.
I also ordered a cheese narn which was burnt on the bottom. Most disappointed in the quality of this meal.
I rang to inform them I was disappointed with the meal, their comment was I'm sorry about that and then they would talk to the chef.
The narn was inedible.

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 25 May 2021

We couldn't fault the meal, which was both generous in size and flavour. Lots of depth and the use of Indian herbs and spices, the best,authentic curries we have had in a long time. Sadly, they were not serving the dossas on the day we visited, although on the menu it stated that they were available on the days we were there.

Date of visit: May 2021