“Dinner”
Review of The Rocks Cafe

The Rocks Cafe
Ranked #4 of 118 Restaurants in Invercargill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Local cusine cooked fresh daily, bursting with flavour and generous serves. Followed by great service and pleasant clean decor.
Reviewed 20 March 2021

Dinner was superb! The venison was absolutely out of this world! The crumble was awesome too!! Service at the table was superb! Shame the same couldn’t be said about the customer service when we were paying for our meal! Georgia, your customer service was horrendous! All 5 of us felt the same way! You had a “couldn’t care less attitude & nothing was fine with a smile!! Such a shame!! But folks, 5 delicious meals come out & 3 divine desserts! Definitely would return!!

Date of visit: March 2021
Tony C, Owner at The Rocks Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2021

Hi Reviewers, I'm the owner of the Rocks for the past 12 years. I can only sympathise with you on Georgia's behaviour as she finished with us last Saturday. So I believe you caught this attitude as a group, on her last week with us. Unfortunately the characteristic's of many young people today are very different to ours and although you'd seen a side of our girl that I didn't pick up on very often I know that this was very rarely displayed. My humble apologies as I try to maintain a positive balance and sincere experience of gratitude and respect to all of my Staff and customers alike. As a whole Georgia had been a valued and well liked Staff member with alot of good atributes. The guard was down! #name tags are good.

Reviewed 5 March 2021

Wife and I had lunch here today. This is our fourth time dining here and every time it's been amazing. The food is exquisite. The meal was much larger than we expected - glad i didn't order the dessert too as I only just made it through the main. I had the popcorn squid salad and my wife had the ribeye steak. Oh - and the side of mushrooms tasted amazing too. Amazing presentation. Each plate was like a work of art. The flavours were awesome. The young lady that served us was friendly and attentive. The host, Tony, visited us to check on our dining experience, which was nice. Only negative comment is the time from order to serving. 40minutes. It's a shame the parking outside is only for 1 hour because we had to feed the meter again part way though. But we weren't in a rush and the food was well worth the wait. We will be back again. Two mains and a side for $59. Very reasonable.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

Highly recommend The Rocks Cafe the girls serving were great very friendly and accommodating. The food was on point. We had the Rummage Board Seafood Chowder and rib-eye steak. We did NOT walk away disappointed at all. Great value for money.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 18 December 2020 via mobile

Great setting, amazing food and impeccable service! Enjoy your 3 week break over Xmas! We will definitely be back 😊

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 6 December 2020

I absolutely love this restaurant and try to go as often as possible. The staff are so welcoming and nothing is too much trouble.
As to the food, it is amazing and it is great to have a restaurant where there are so many wonderful choices to select from. This make a pleasant change from other places having very small and restricted menus. Part of the dining experience is decided what to order.
The Rocks have the best steaks that I have ever eaten and I would never risk ordering a steak anywhere else as I know that I would be very disappointed.
Many thanks to the staff for the delicious meals that I have had over the last year, Keep up the good work.

Date of visit: November 2020