“Impressive Service”

Tuatara Cafe & Bar
Ranked #17 of 28 Quick Bites in Invercargill
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 10 April 2024

At first I was a bit frustrating as the lady behind the counter seemed to struggle with English and couldn't quite get my order right. I was on the verge of walking away, feeling disheartened. However she sought help from her colleagues/manager. He sorted out my order in a flash, and what really impressed me was how he explained that the lady are new to the country and still learning. Talk about understanding! His quick fix and friendly apology totally turned things around for me.
I left the establishment satisfied, appreciating their commitment to customer service

Date of visit: March 2024

Reviewed 6 April 2024

Last Friday, our group of 10+ showed up without reservation hoping for a table, but it was fully packed. The bar manager worked his magic and found us a table, making our night. We had a blast with great craft beer and pizza. Huge shoutout to the manager for his stellar service! We'll definitely be back!
PS: if you're unsure what to drink as there're like 20+ on tap beer, just ask the bartender for a recommendation you can't go wrong.

Date of visit: March 2024
Reviewed 25 February 2024

Just had to share my recent vibe at this place it's the real deal, chill beer options, good tunes. Last shout-out goes to the man behind the bar, friendly, top efficiency, superb quick with the pours. It's this kind of service that transforms a good night out into a memorable one.

Date of visit: January 2024
Reviewed 22 February 2024

Great atmosphere and live music but barman was extremely rude and disengaged, clearly he found it hassle to serve patrons!

Date of visit: February 2024
Reviewed 22 March 2023

I called in fir a quick snack. Despite being the only person at the counter I had to wait over 5 minutes for one of the 2 staff behind the counter to acknowledge me.
Once I had given and paid for my order I was at a loss where to choose to sit. The majority of the tables still had the last cutomer' dirty crockery and cutlery there.
The inevitable table that was empty and clear was beside a large structural column and it was impossible to pull out the chair.
In the end I chose an accessible table and moved the dirty crockery onto the table next to me.
When my oder was brought to me things didn't get better:
1. The waitress placed my pot of tea, cup and saucer on the opposite end of the table where I was seated
2. The waitress chose to ignore the stack of dirty crockery/cutlery on the table right next door and returned to the kitchen empty handed.
3. Only a knife was brought out with the apple scroll. It was very crumbley and a fork would have been useful to eat it with.
I had not been to this Cafe for a year, and following on from today's experience it will be at least another year IF I ever return.

Date of visit: March 2023