“Sublime”

Ranked #5 of 118 Restaurants in Invercargill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2020

Our motel host recommended we make a reservation at The Saucy Chef. Thank goodness for his advice. It was fabulous. The food is as delicious and beautifully presented as anywhere we’ve ever eaten during our world travels. If you are visiting Invercargill, do not miss dining here. The menu is extensive and so is the wine list. Bookings are essential to avoid disappointment. The service is friendly and professional. Faultless. We would return again but unfortunately we’re only in Invercargill for 1 night.

Date of visit: February 2020
thesaucychef2017, Other at The Saucy Chef on St Andrew, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

Hello D White,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review, I will be sharing this with the staff!

I wish you safe travels for the rest of your trip & next time you are in Invercargill we hope to see you back!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2020

We went to The Saucy Chef during our stay in Invercargill. The food was fantastic I had the Beef Cheeks and is was beautifully and tender, perfectly cooked, my wife had the pan fried Blue Cod. Can't fault this place. Superb meal and service

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank JH0469
thesaucychef2017, Other at The Saucy Chef on St Andrew, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2020

Hello John,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your evening here at The Saucy Chef!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us this review & we hope to see you back again one day soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 February 2020 via mobile

This restaurant would have scored 4 for the meal but it gets 5 because they offer a free taxi service to and fromm the restaurant which means you don't have to go alcohol free. The starter of belly pork was very tasty but two of the pieces were almost entirely fat, whereas the main course really delivered. It was baked pasta (tetrazzini) and was really tasty and had a nice crispy top.

Date of visit: February 2020
thesaucychef2017, Other at The Saucy Chef on St Andrew, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2020

Hello Michael,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at The Saucy Chef!

I will pass this feedback on to the head chef about the pork belly entree.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review & we hope to see you back again soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2020 via mobile

The Saucy Chef is tucked away in a residential street near the beautiful Victoria Park. It is easy to find and there is plenty of parking. We went there on a recommendation of the hotel staff: great advice!
The menu is quite extensive and includes a number of daily specials. Something for everyone. I had the pan fried fish of the day, served on a salmon fish cake with asparagus wrapped in bacon. Delicious! There is a full wine list, with plenty of options by the glass or by the bottle.
This restaurant easily compares with many upscale restaurants in big cities. Good and friendly service. Highly recommended

Date of visit: February 2020
thesaucychef2017, Manager at The Saucy Chef on St Andrew, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2020

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your evening here at The Saucy Chef.

We hope to see you back again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 23 January 2020 via mobile

I walked 3km to get to the Saucy Chef as I’d heard great things. I wasn’t disappointed! Fantastic food, and fantastic service in particular from Jack. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: January 2020
thesaucychef2017, Manager at The Saucy Chef on St Andrew, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2020

Hello,

I am very pleased to hear that you were not disappointed in your evening spent here at The Saucy Chef!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review, I will pass this feedback onto Jack as well!

We hope to see you back again soon!

Kind Regards,