“You won't be disappointed..”

The Saucy Chef on St Andrew
Ranked #8 of 117 Restaurants in Invercargill
Price range: US$15 - US$42
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2018

My favourite place to dine. Excellent food and service in great surroundings. Nice place for a group or a quiet meal for two. Also very competitive pricing for the high standard of dining provided. Best to book online before you go to make sure you can get a seat.

1  Thank djangor14
thesaucychef2017, Manager at The Saucy Chef on St Andrew, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Hi django r,

Thankyou for your review, we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your evening with us.
We look forward to seeing you again next time.

Kind Regards,

James Botting
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Service and food are at a high quality standard. Thoroughly enjoyed my time spent at The Saucy Chef. Definitely recommended!

1  Thank krystaljayne
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Found resturant atmosphere great for occasion
Relaxed night
Food was very good staff very friendly
Def return again

2  Thank donna k
Reviewed 25 June 2018

The dining was clean and well lit. The menu was explained throughly, meal was excellent. The staff were very accommodating to all our wishes for the evening. Well worth the visit. Would highly recommend Saucey Chef Restaurant to those who wish to dine out in a lovely establishment for a memorable night.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

After reading the reviews we decided it would be ok to book in, my only initial reservation was that the menu was far to extensive which usually heralds disaster, I wasn't far wrong.
I ordered prawn salad, my husband squid, mine was heavily reliant on grated cabbage and lettuce with 6 prawns, for $18 this was unimaginitive and very disappointing.
My husbands calamari was straight out of a box, we knew as we get same at home $14, not lovely.
My main, duck 2 ways, the skin was not crisp and un rendered and chewy, onion capsicum and mushroom should never be served with duck, they are for steak.The large dollop of pickled cabbage was a disaster.
If this establishment was in Auckland it would have closed long ago, the food is cheeky and over priced, complaining we decided would not have got us anywhere as this is the standard they are accustomed to.
Sadly a very miserable dining experience, one star at very best.
Would not recommend what so ever, bring on Queenstown where the food is a 10

3  Thank Lisa O
thesaucychef2017, Manager at The Saucy Chef on St Andrew, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Hi Lisa O,

Thankyou for your feedback it is greatly appreciated.
But i am Terribly disappointed to read this review, as we pride ourselves here at The Saucy Chef for excellent food and service, Our Chef's standard is incredibly high as you would have seen in our other 5 star reviews.
I have passed your comments onto the Head Chef for further investigation into this matter.
You should always feel free to give us your feedback on the night as all comments are greatly received and gives us a chance to rectify any issues immediatley.
Please if you would like to dicuss further with me, I am more than happy to have a talk with you.

Kind Regards,