“Cafe in the Park”

The Cheeky Llama Cafe and Restaurant
Description: The Cheeky Llama cafe and restaurant is located within Queens Park Invercargill. the cafe serves great food and a range of drinks. It is a fantastic place for families, with the park's play areas nearby and an awesome kids menu. If you require parking - enter via Queens Drive or, Entrance via Gala Street.
Reviewed 22 February 2023

Nice cafe set in the middle of the amazing Queens Park. Food is good and they have very pleasant staff. Probably only downside is that its hard to find a table at busy times. But obviously that is due to the popularity of the cafe.

Date of visit: February 2023
1  Thank Philip35
Reviewed 4 December 2022

The food tastes very good. Good service staff, not expensive food, nice quiet restaurant, overlooking the garden. can take a walk in the garden I like many things here and we will definitely come back.

Date of visit: December 2022
Reviewed 26 September 2022

I have been going there for at least 14 years. Seen new owners come and go. The present ones I am not sure about I have had two instances in the last few months the first I sort of thought it was not good enough but thought oh well maybe it’s a one off Yesterdays was the last made a booking for 12. No table service for bookings . So they lined up my sister in law ordered and payed for most. She lined up thinking she had all the orders. But our old Aunts order was missed. We only noticed when all the meals come out and she had nothing. My sister in law went up and explained and ordered hers they said it would be 15 to 20 mins that was ok it was a bacon butty and a coffee. It never arrived my sister in law went to see what happened they said another 15mins an hour later after everyone had eaten did Aunty get her lunch we said to,them to put in a take away container please, I being the person who made the booking expressed that the customer service was shocking. As an ex restaurant owner and recently a hotel owner. I did not let on who we were When the manager said he would run his cafe this way and did not care what we thought. We went away and we sat at a park bench while Aunty had her cold cheap white bread bacon putty. Prices are high for the quality of food. I would recommend the cart at the gate entrance to the park. Priced right service was great. They bend over backwards for the disabled. The blue cod is Devine. Cheeky
Llama is there to revenue Cather with no service..

Date of visit: September 2022