“The Batch Cafe - Two Thumbs Up!”
Review of The Batch Cafe

The Batch Cafe
Ranked #1 of 28 Quick Bites in Invercargill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe & restaurant offering fresh local cuisine masterminded by our talented team. Choose from our menu served until 2 pm daily, or call ahead to order if you are on the run. We love using locally sourced goodness, made fresh for you each and every day. A little bit about our Hummingbird Coffee blend, Re:start is a complex composition of nine different single origins, all roasted by hand separately before blending. The single small ‘batch’ roasting offers the opportunity to have the same coffee in the blend roasted both medium and a wee bit darker.
Reviewed 15 April 2023 via mobile

This is an outstanding cafe! Brilliant atmosphere and the food is fantastic also. I had the best smoked salmon fish cake I have ever had! The kids loved their pancakes (kid size) and BLT. We all agreed it was definitely worth a treat! Gourmet food at really good food prices! Don’t miss it!

Date of visit: April 2023

Reviewed 27 March 2023

The Batch Café was essentially the only place around and it did it quite well. The décor was warm and pleasant and the service the same. Coffee and pastries were fairly standard. It was a busy. and slightly better than average

Reviewed 17 March 2023 via mobile

Went into the Batch today to get some brunch after a long morning and everything was great. The staff was all really kind and considerate towards any questions we had. One waitress in particular - with cool mushroom earrings - complemented my outfit when she was bringing me my coffee and honestly made my day. The food was delicious. I ordered French toast and my mum had a muffin. Both were outstanding, as was the coffee. We went at a very busy time so we were told that there would be a bit of a wait but we’re surprised to get all of our order within a few minutes (which given how busy they were was impressive). I am a hospitality worker myself and the customer service they had blew me away. The bathrooms were beautifully clean and smelled nice. So was the cafe itself. The table and chair we sat at were the same.

Definitely a must visit if you’re looking for a cute place to get breakfast or lunch.

Date of visit: March 2023
Reviewed 6 March 2023 via mobile

Stopped for brunch on my last trip to Invercargill. Not many items on the menu tickles my fancy but great options in the cabinet. Really lovely space inside with different areas and seating feeling nice and private with lots of room

Reviewed 20 February 2023 via mobile

This was the first meal in NZ and we’re hopeful we can experience the quality and taste elsewhere! The Buddha bowl was delicious(& my hub rarely eats quinoa)
Only suggestion would be to add some bread so we can wipe our plates clean with it!