“A Must Try!”

Ranked #6 of 104 Restaurants in Invercargill
Price range: US$14 - US$27
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have a lovely warm and inviting restaurant. We use all locally sourced product with very generous servings with an emphasis on the meat portion of the meal. Our steaks are 250gms up to the "Donald Trump Choker", which is 500gm and cooked slowly over 20 hours. We use fresh Blue Cod and locally caught wild Venison. Buster Crabb is the best choice
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Wow, what a very pleasant surprise. The best piña colada I have tasted in NZ, the best duck with amazing crumble I have eaten in NZ and to top it off the exceptional service from our waiter Ra, from beginning to end. Not only his friendliness, excellent suggestions, brillant timing in his delivery but also incredibly sincere which is a seldom seen combination. I would definitely recommend this wonderful restaurant on all counts.

1  Thank LadyPenelope4

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I was expecting a cheesy seafood restaurant--I was wrong! This is a lovely upscale restaurant with an innovative menu and fantastic service! We had no reservation (booking) and they kindly accommodated us at table in the bar area which was just fine--very festive! Make a point of visiting this classic!

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Our B&B hosts suggested this hopping restaurant/bar. We had a great start to finish meal: vegetarian risotto and Foveaux Blue Cod, and the really tasty cheesecake! It was family-friendly, without being too noisy. And a special shout out to Tracey McDowall, who went over and above in her duties in helping me reunite with my lost eyeglasses. I emailed the restaurant; she very promptly responded (on a weekend); she handled the courier service, juggled with our continued travel on the South Island; and did it all with cheerfulness. Thanks so much, Tracey, for the continued customer service AFTER we dined with you!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

This restaurant provides a free (pre-booked) return shuttle service to and from the Restaurant - from the Hotel in my case - in a comfortable ‘people mover’ so really worth using as the location is the far end of Dee Street. The Restaurant is fantastic, superb menu that reads like a Newspaper, great surroundings and not short of customers. The meals are well presented, beautifully prepared along with friendly attentive service. The building is very appealing, well-kept inside and out with ample parking at the rear. A very grand entranceway greets you upon arrival into the bar / lounge area from the car park entrance. I noticed a private dining area which would be great for a large party or family event.
Oysters were on offer from an additional menu and my two business colleagues enjoyed their chosen dishes immensely. The seafood dishes are many as are other offerings such as steak. Dessert did not disappoint with plenty of tempting choices. Fudge sauce exceptionally good – warmed and in a small jug to self-pour over the dessert. Simply the best dining experience I’ve enjoyed in Invercargill and definitely worth a revisit as this establishment has got it so right.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Table service second to none. Staff extremely accommodating. We all chose something different from the menu. Marlin steak, salmon, chicken and beef steak all superb.