All reviews central heating the kitchen single bed karla hosts motel unit utensils lounge tv laundry
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I travel nationally several times a year with a theatrical company. We always stay at the Yarrow and I always look forward to it. As others have said in the above reviews, the hosts are always kind and welcoming and the rooms are immaculately clean and presented with excellent kitchen facilities in each room. There is a handy laundry just a few metres away. It is an easy 10- 15 minute walk into the city centre. I highly recommend the Yarrow Motel.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank PaulBarr
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Although not a 5 star property the Hosts are definitely 5 star hosts, going above and beyond the normal host responsibility.

My unit was warm and cosy on arrival both times I stayed, the bed is comfortable, shower hot and the kitchen has all the equipment you need.
Everything was spotless and Karla and Pete are great people.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank shorty27
Reviewed 8 July 2017

This is an older block of units that have been nicely modernised. Our visit was in winter during a severe weather warning, but the central heating was great and kept the unit very cozy. The lounge was spacious and included a single bed and large TV. Our bedroom was also spacious with a very comfortable queen bed and a second TV. The kitchen was well equipped with an older style free standing range, fridge and microwave and good selection of utensils and the bathroom had a good shower.
Yarrow St is not a busy street and the units are very quiet. They are very conveniently placed - close to the CBD and three blocks to a Countdown supermarket.
Our unit was spotless, our host clearly taking pride in presentation. She was also very friendly and helpful.
These units represent very good value for money and we would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Room tip: All rooms equally quiet with good accessibility
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2017

This was definitely the best Motel so far that we have stayed in, fantastic room, very clean, near to most attractions. The owner Kala did everything to make us feel welcome. I was told that I could use their hose to clean my hire car as we had just left the Catlins and driving many unsealed roads. We would definitely return.

Room tip: No 8 it's at the far end so no traffic noise
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Chose to stay here again as the rooms are extra clean & spacious amid a sea of mediocre chain motels around the country.

Close to town amazing park & restaurants to enjoy Invercargill from.

I'll be back for business trips too

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple