“Poor customer service from one of a lady staff!”

Koji Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 119 Restaurants in Invercargill
Reviewed 27 March 2024

One of a lady kiwi staff is very arrogant!
We are quite often for lunch and dinner there. However, this is the second time that I felt unsatisfied from that kiwi lady staff. First time, when we went into the restaurant she informed us that they will be closed in half an hour, can we finished by that time? Otherwise, they do have take away boxes available. So, we finished that meal very rush. Today, we went for lunch again, when we seat down, she informed us with no smile that meals will be take a bit longer as they are very busy. Later, when she deliver the meal to our table I was looking at my infant baby as she starts to make noise, and I didn't say thank you. She put the meal on the table without introduce the name of the food. Instead, she was saying "you're welcome" just because I didn't say thank you to her. Really? This is how you treated a regular customer? My husband running a restaurant as well, and I was working in hospitality for 8 and half years. I don't think a good customer service should be like this just because you are a busy and popular restaurant! We do really appreciated to our regular customers and treated them very polite. We even can remember what is their favorite and always ordered foods and drinks. We been there quite a lot and no other staff gave us this uncomfortable feelings. They were all very nice and polite, introduce the name of each meal when they deliver to our table. Not like this kiwi lady staff just put the meal on the table with no introduce no smile. Very disappointed experience not only once from her!

Date of visit: March 2024
1  Thank CandyMW2012

Reviewed 15 December 2023

Great flavours and amazing salmon nigiri sushi.
Friendly staff and very reasonable prices. Lovely service.
We like to share our meals and the menu was not very amenable to that with each dish have a separate serve of rice or salad. A good experience overall.

Date of visit: December 2023
Reviewed 2 December 2022 via mobile

My son and I visited Koji last night. We ordered a lot from the menu, and we loved everything about this place. Can't wait to return. Thank you Koji team!

Date of visit: December 2022
Reviewed 12 October 2022

It was awesome the food was great also loved the miso I highly recommend for you and you and you family

Date of visit: October 2022
Reviewed 14 August 2022 via mobile

The food was lovely but it’s so cold in there not enjoyable. We never took our jackets off and were frozen to the bone when we left. Also didn’t appreciate seeing piles of blue rat poison in the corners of the room. A child could easily pick it up. Not a good look was very put off after seeing this such a shame as the food is nice.

Date of visit: August 2022