Lowest prices for your stay
$157
$157
Fully refundable before Fri, 26 Apr
No prepayment needed
Get rewarded with One Key
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2023

Excellent and very accommodating. The room was well presented and very clean. I loved the cookie time biscuits they provided. Due to my mobility issues the lovely owner managed to shuffle the bookings to put us in a room on the ground floor.

Room tip: The owner and staff are lovely and the rooms are really well presented.
Date of stay: December 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2022

My stay in Southland started with an overnight stay at Bella Vista. What a lovely welcome to the deep south. Management (Scott) was amazingly helpful and supportive in arranging my trip from Invercargill to Bluff to catch the ferry to Stewart Island. He could not have been more helpful and what could have been a very stressful start turned into a really good one.
The room was compact (as per the agent had booked on my behalf) and very, very clean and the bed extremely comfortable and for a single person more than adequate. A nice touch was the real coffee sachet/plunger; which I appreciated in the morning before the start of my trip over to the island. Shower and toilet was also spotless; which is often not the case in large and small motels/hotels alike. What I also enjoyed was the lovely little garden space behind the rooms which really is like a little oasis of green; with chairs available, this is a lovely place to sit with your morning coffee and relax.
Upon my return from the island I treated myself to a restaurant of Scott's suggestion (Koji/Japanese restaurant); this proved to be one of the best meals of my trip down south.
All in all this was a positive experience and thank you to Scott for your help and support. A wee note to the couple (Dennis(?) and Chen from Hamilton) who Scott had asked and who were travelling to Steward Island at the same time and who were happy to agree and were so kind as to give me a lift to Bluff as well; many, many
thanks.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank RakiuraTaonga
Reviewed 2 December 2021

Highly recommend Tracy and staff at Bella vista,Invercargill. Great southern hospitality.
Lovely clean room. Comfy bed. Nice little extras added with nice coffee and some biscuits.
I would stay here again and again!!

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2021 via mobile

Accommodation met the usual high Bella Vista standard with clean and warm units. Parking directly outside the ground floor unit.

Slight confusion on arrival as the Stewart Island package which we booked on the motels site was unknown to staff member.

She promised to look into it and also gave a great recommendation for a restaurant.

Room tip: Ground floor units are very accessible for parking and carrying luggage.
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

Great stay. The room was nice and clean, very tidy and well maintained. The bathroom was a good size and the shower had a shower dome which is quite uncommon. The room was quite small, didnt really have space for our 2 full size luggage bags. Not a big fan of the wall heater, it took a long time to heat the room. On the plus side they had cookie time cookies, supplied little shower gels, shampoo, conditioner and lotion and the bed was super warm and comfy

Date of stay: May 2021