“Expensive under cooked fries”
Review of Industry Cafe

Industry Cafe
Ranked #14 of 119 Restaurants in Invercargill
Description: After purchasing Industry in July 2018, head chef and owner Mark Heffer’s lifelong dream of owning and operating a cafe alongside his family and close friends was complete. With eight years experience as a chef with a passion for good food, that passion is now directed into bringing Invercargill the very best food and drinks possible. We want dining with us at Industry to be an experience, not just a meal.
Reviewed 18 November 2023 via mobile

Arrived at 10.30am, not overly busy on s Tues. Ordered a smoothie & fries. Both average, smoothie lacked flavour & most expensive out of several other up market cafes in Invercargill. Fries were pale, under cooked almost soggy. Friend had scrambled eggs, toast was dry & cold.

Date of visit: November 2023
Industry Cafe, Owner at Industry Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2024

Hi Gerhard,

Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to you.

Not that this is an excuse but my Staff where extremely short staffed when this happened. Both myself and my front of house manager where in the UK due to a death in our immediate family.

Sorry that you had this bad experience and we will be sure to be more thorough in the future.

Reviewed 6 October 2023

absolutely amazing food, beer burger 10/10 - got another as a takeaway !! central location , friendly staff

Date of visit: October 2023
Reviewed 21 July 2023

I had to wait 15min it’s for cabinet food, the cashier was flustered and I heard her talking under her breath to another about me waiting which she instructed me to do! Rather than just grab my cabinet food and give it to me like any other normal cafe would have. Ridiculous

Date of visit: June 2023
Industry Cafe, Owner at Industry Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2023

We are so sorry to read this ! unfortunately on our busiest day of the week we do sometimes have waits on takeaways and I'm sorry that you weren't told that there would be 1 when you ordered, this is not ok and we will work on this in the future. I would Like to think that the muttering part is just my staff telling someone what you were waiting on to ensure it is coming.
I truly am sorry that this was your experience and I do hope you will be back for a better one.

kind regards, kerry (foh manager)

Reviewed 1 June 2023 via mobile

A popular cafe but there were lots of staff to make the visit great.
I went with a couple of Southland cheese rolls which were delicious.
If you’re in the area we’ll worth trying.

Date of visit: May 2023
Reviewed 15 May 2023 via mobile

What a great find. The food was excellent. So much home cooked choices. We were all (5 of us) very impressed with our meals. The coffee was also very good.

Date of visit: May 2023