Lowest prices for your stay
$145
Agoda.com
$124
Fully refundable before Wed, 24 Apr
No booking fees
All reviews early check daily room service us feel at home away from the road the room was nice great stay quiet at night new zealand ivy unit motel facilities accommodation convenience kitchenette
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 December 2022

This was one of the best place to stay in our whole trip.
We were there for a swimming competition, the staff at reception was very nice and kind to offer us an early check in, which was really helpful for us to make it ready to the competition. The room was down the back of the Motel which is very quiet at night. The room was nice and super clean, high standard of daily room service provided during our stay. We would definitely come back.
Thank you for having us.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Admiral Court, Guest Services / Front Office at Admiral Court Motel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2022

Thank you for your feedback. We do much appreciate it. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 November 2022 via mobile

Spoilt by:
1) "Welcome" which consisted of a staccato stream of commands. Also a distinct lack of interest (or engagement) when we wanted some assistance ... which resulted in us not extending our stay by another day (we went to another motel just down the road)
2) When we entered the room it smelt heavily of air freshener - we suspect an attempt to hide the fact someone had been smoking in the room

Also I was woken a couple of times, during the night, by traffic noise.

That said the room very well equipped ... there was even an induction hob, in addition to the micro-wave.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Admiral Court, Guest Services / Front Office at Admiral Court Motel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2022

All our rooms are non-smoking. We use the air freshener is to make the room smell nice, sometimes it could be helpful to remove the cooking smell by other guests. If you are a light sleeper, then you could be mentioned on the booking in advance. So, we can try to move you to a room that away from the main road.

Reviewed 19 November 2022

At the Admiral Court motel and are “welcomed” by an unhelpful Asian lady (possibly Ivy Wu, the owner?). The sign outside says there are vacancies, the motel is not full, but she insists that we must take Unit 1, which is about 10 feet away from Highway 1. She refuses to offer us another unit further away from the road because “no-one requested a quiet room. There were no special requests with this booking.”

I turn my attention to getting a map of the city … there’s a block of them on the desk. Inadvertently, I tear off two maps, and fold them into a more useable size. Immediately, she reaches across to take them away from me and removes one copy. Really? Now the motel has a folded, creased map … which might have been useful to me when researching my travel articles back home, but is pretty useless to the motel.

There is nothing wrong the rooms (cleanliness, facilites etc.) But everywhere else across New Zealand, we found folks helpful, welcoming and full of great advice. Thus, our reception at Admiral Court really stands out.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi there, first of all, yes, we have vacancy sign on, but we informed you that you booked was a studio unit. We had non left down the back. On the booking there was no special request in advance, so this caused us couldn't shift you to other studio units which away from the main road at check in, because they were all had guests in already. We do have other rooms but were two bedroom and three-bedroom house if you would like to pay the big difference at mentioned. Of course, we can offer you them.

Reviewed 10 November 2022

A nice kitchen with good equipment, and a clean bathroom with quality toiletries was appreciated. The main room itself was pleasant as was the bedroom. It was warm in Invercargill when we were there, and the heat was particularly noticeable in the bedroom. The staff were friendly, but some had little English so any conversation was limited.

Date of stay: October 2022
Admiral Court, Guest Services / Front Office at Admiral Court Motel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2022

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate it.

Reviewed 3 November 2022

I am fuming. I just phoned to try arranging accommodation and I’ve honestly never been spoken to so rudely on the phone before. I would highly recommend never staying or even calling this place.

I phoned to ask if they had availability and she snapped at me saying "what date" and I then proceed to say and she said only 3 bedrooms left and I politely asked for the rate and it was far too much, so I declined and all she said was bye and hung up, didn’t offer a solution or an apology. I don’t know if this was the owner or a worker but I sure as hell wouldn’t want someone like that working for me, and if you were the owner, I would have thought you would care more about keeping your customers happy and encouraging them to come back and stay.

Room tip: Choose another motel.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Admiral Court, Guest Services / Front Office at Admiral Court Motel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2022

Hi there, you go me on the phone, and I was very polite to you by asking which day you are looking for. Absolutely not like you said "what date", I never every say "what date". The rate I offered was already a cooperate rate for direct booking with us. However, you don't want to take. So, I friendly said alright bye. I did the best I can do, if you think that was still far too much for you and you don't want to take that's fine. I don't know why I should do an apology for the rate that you don't want to take. I gave you option, but you don't accept, then I should do an apology? Before you judge people who you don't know, you should learn how to state the truth, not mislead others.