“Nice for lunch”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Nice place on a nice day when you can dine outside. The inside is old and dated and seats were uncomfortable. Good selection on menu but we found prices on the high side

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Arrived and was taken to our table. The waitress read out the specials. We ordered our meal. I got the salmon and my partner got the pork. The salmon was dry and the veges were potatoes with two tiny pieces of kumara. I could not eat all of mine. If I wanted a plate of potatoes I would have ordered them. The waitress never came and checked to see how our meals were but I noticed she did with other diners. Finally our plates were taken away then it took the waitress 10 minutes to come and get our dessert order. 3/4 an hour later we received our desserts. My partner had ice cream sundae with berries which were still frozen. Very disappointed and we won't be back

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

I have driven past ziff thousands of times.
I should have eaten there sooner, the staff are friendly and proffesional. I ordered the seafood chowder from the very reasonably priced menu and enjoyed every last spoonfull, perhaps the best seafood chowder I have ever eaten. The flavour was about what you expect from seafood chowder, what made it stand out was the texture. I will definitely eat there again.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Came here for lunch with my Parents. It's actually a really cool looking bar/restaurant. We were promptly seated. The chairs looked comfortable but each of ours were very wobbly - not sure what the problem was there. The waitresses were friendly. All three of us ordered their "specialty" Crispy Chicken. The meal came out and it was huge in size and looked really yummy - I was happy. Unfortunately everything BUT the chicken was nice. The salad was really nice and also had a huge piece of Camembert which I love. But the Chicken...every piece (and it was a generous portion) was extremely DRY and tasteless. ALL of us had the same issue. My Father couldn't even chew his it was so tough! I felt quite embarrassed for the Restaurant and for bringing my Parents here.

The place was not crowded (there was two other couples in the restaurant) and the chef only had to cook the same chicken meal for us three - seriously! I mean if you can't even get that right...

The waitress apologised and offered us a free coffee each - which we didn't want - when what she should have done was offered our 3 soft drinks on the house. We still had to pay the full amount for all the chicken we couldn't even eat! I asked to take it all home for my dogs.
Oh well - the dogs were happy and full I guess.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 4 April 2017

We had a one night stay in Invercargill and came across this hidden little gem. Food was exceptional, in fact we would go as far as saying it was the best we had on our travels during both north and south islands! Service was great with a big shout out for the front of house girl herself, Amanda. Nothing was too much trouble for her. A place not to be missed! Kim & Graham, UK

Date of visit: March 2017