“Fish and chips”

Ranked #7 of 118 Restaurants in Invercargill
Cuisines: American, International, New Zealand
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Southern most Speight's Ale House in New Zealand. Offering only the freshest local produce along with the best tap beer selection in Invercargill.Come and experience Southlands friendly hospitality with food and wine to match everyones tastes.
Reviewed 24 March 2024 via mobile

A popular bar at the weekend and would recommend making a recommendation if you are a group wanting to eat here. They have a good selection of “pub grub” to select from. I had the fish and chips and it was very good. The only slightly disappointing part was after taking my order and serving my meal (which was very efficient) nobody came to see if I wanted a dessert when I finished my meal.

Date of visit: February 2024

Reviewed 22 March 2024

I would recommend booking a table so you don't miss out on a lovely evening, the staff were friendly, and the food was great

Date of visit: March 2024
Reviewed 1 March 2024

What a lovely meal we had and the staff are very knowledgeable about dietary requirements. The fact that they have a separate Gluten Free menu speaks volumes. The nicest Sticky Date Pudding I have had and lots of sauce. If we come back to Invercargill again we would definitely eat there again.

Date of visit: February 2024
1  Thank gesu2024
Reviewed 5 February 2024

Up to standard for a Speights, no surprise there.
Food was really good, a lamb shank and a chicken burger tasty, hot and well cooked.
As one would expect there was a good choice of beers, and the service was excellent from all members of the team.

Date of visit: November 2023
Reviewed 26 January 2024

Last month, was my first time to Speights Ale House, I must say that the service is the best in Invercargill. Staff are friendly, welcoming and the food is generously sized and food reasonably priced. I loved my first experience so much that I have returned twice this month. Wish I had known earlier. All three visits, the service was excellent. Great people, great atmosphere

Date of visit: January 2024