“Excellent food, great service”
Review of Plato

Plato
Ranked #10 of 419 Restaurants in Dunedin
Price range: US$14 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: .
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Six of us went here for a dinner. The food was excellent. I had a smoked sirloin steak which went perfectly with the jalapeño cream sauce. Others in the group had lamb, tuna, fish pie and mussels which all looked incredible. To top things off, we were seated next to 20 Lions rugby players!

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Felt like calamari for lunch so called into Plato. Found out that they also have a reasonable selection of carft beer, Emersons, crouchers and their own in house beer. I had the Kiwi IPA and it was a good beer. So defiantly try their beer. The dacore is very interesting and you have to visit just to see that. Will be back here on my next visit to Dunedin.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

After being told that Plato is something that I would enjoy it is a quirky little place that is situated out of the way but a hidden gem. I had 3 courses and absolutely great food I went outside of the square to try some new dishes and I was not disappointed. A 5 star rating from me as the quality of food was great and more than enough. See the pictures it will leave you drooling.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We came for a gig and decided to eat there beforehand. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. We had time to kill between the meal and the gig and they let us hang out in the bar until the gig started. We had the fish pie and found it ok, but not stunning. Loved the retro surroundings.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 25 May 2017

Graduate weekend in Dunedin means very thing is busy busy. Booked early to reserve a table. Set menu with 3 courses and reasonable choice. Service was well organised for the number of people the restaurant was dealing with. Ive been before but in less busy times and enjoyed the food was happy that they could maintain the quality as well as being busy busy.

Date of visit: May 2017