“Good ambience, Great Coffee”
Review of Morning Magpie

Morning Magpie
Ranked #2 of 27 Coffee & Tea in Dunedin
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Having been to Morning Magpie several years ago on my last trip to Dunedin, I decided to try it again.

Much like last time I was impressed with the coffee, quirky decor and bakery selection. On my next trip, I'll be visiting again.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Myself and a friend visited this eclectic little cafe for takeaway coffee and it didn’t disappoint. My almond milk latte was the best I’ve have ever had and my friends normal latte was amazing too. The menu and food on display looked delicious, although we didn’t eat. The only disappointment was it took staff around 4-5 minutes to acknowledge our presence (not even a simple nod or smile in our direction) but once we were served the barista was lovely.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

On the road between the Octagon and the railway station. Serving great coffee and great food. The furnishings and coffee are quite unusual being an eclectic taste. Very busy indicating the quality of both food and coffee

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Ambiance and character are what make this place special!!! It’s a coffee shop with a great little selection of baked goods and bagel sandwiches and a few egg breakfast items. We walked past it the first day and only stuck our head in the second when we we’re desperate for breakfast. So glad we did. The place is warm, friendly, larger-than-you-think. It is full of talk and laughter and the place is full of whimsy!!! Don’t pass this place up like we almost did!!!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Best coffee in Dunedin. Lovely staff team, good price, yummy bagels, they've got heaps of vegan options and their scrolls are to DIE for (particularly mad about the cinnamon ones, blueberry dark chocolate and the mushroom, caper and capsicum pesto ones). Also really nice smoothies, bit pricey but a generous size!
Also went their with friends for breakfast on Good Friday (was packed out) and our order got mixed up, so they shouted us a round of free coffees while we waited. Super lovely spot, cannot recommend it more!