All reviewscadbury factorycumberland streetsecure parkinggreat locationanytime fitnessrailway stationcountdown supermarketone way systemnew world supermarkethousekeeping staffclean and tidy roomsstayed here for a weekshort strollcrockery and cutlerypark the carwithin walking distancecentral location
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Booked 1 bed apartment. On arrival quickly checked in purchased car pk. Reception staff great as were cleaners. Apartment clean and well laid out. Cleaned each day. Quiet venue with Countdown (Woolworths) and NewTown shopping complexes within 100 metres. Both sell liquor as well as groceries. Our venue within walking distance to a lot of tourist attractions as well as shopping area. Nightlife clubs/pubs also close by. Very good location. Only issue was power of range hood for cooking. Bed king size and best nights sleep had in NZ. Would I recommend YES. Rated 8.5/10

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oleh C
Reviewed 9 November 2017

The room was nice size with small kitchenette and handily located between 2 supermarkets, making it idea for cheap eating. Parking is available if you book it and you can book a small continental breakfast or get something from the supermarket. Information in the rooms was helpful.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2017

We are a gay couple and stayed at the Quest Dunedin for 4 nights in late October. We booked this hotel through Qantas Hotels website. After driving across from Te Anau on a Saturday morning, we arrived at the Quest a bit too early for check in. The receptionist made some inquiries as to when our room would be ready. We were able to leave our vehicle at the accommodation while we went for a stroll to wait for our room to be ready. As we were staying a couple of nights, we were given a discount on parking which was at normal price $12.50. While staying here, one can make complimentary use of the local Anytime Fitness Gym located about five minutes walk along Cumberland Street.

The room was well appointed with all one would expect of a serviced apartment. The bathroom was nice and having a shower in nice hot and high pressured water was excellent. Nothing worse than staying at a place that has water pressure and hot water issues. Here at the Quest, this is not the case.

The beauty about this accommodation is that it is within walking distance to everywhere... restaurants up the road, the Octagon entertainment area ten minutes walk, etc. But a big mention must be that the Cadbury cafe is across the road and they do make the best hot chocolate ever.

Only one issue was that the complimentary 750MB internet allowance ran out so I purchased a 1GB allowance for $5.00 which was to be used within three days. After being out all day sightseeing, I came to use my iPad and the allowance was no longer recognised. I went downstairs to reception where I explained the situation and the receptionist understood my issue and provided a internet voucher for same value free of charge. I must say, the internet here is very fast.

Would were recommend the Quest? Absolutely. We had a brilliant stay and will stay again when next in Dunedin.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank qantas_traveller
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Quest Apartments is situated exactly across the road from Cadburys – a local landmark and New Zealand icon where I have lived all my life without ever seeing the factory or touched its exterior walls (have now) and yet here I am staying directly opposite – despite its looming manufacturing closure in a month or two. Quest is quite clean in appearances, looks modern and that’s where the problem arises. It’s the heavy doors with self-closers that clunk and vibrate through the walls from use. There is a secondary door thud due to air pressure as well when closing another door. There are basically 2 doors to each room, one leads into a small foyer area where it splits into two rooms. All night you hear doors closing – like an airport hotel where people are on the move 24/7. You can hear the alarm clock go off in the room next door as well as hear the person in the room above you walking around among other noises. The room is comfortable enough though the room I spent two nights in would probably be classed as a studio where two people would be a crowd for more than a night. If you like strong showers you are in for a treat with way above average water pressure to be enjoyed. Unfortunately the building forgot the room view as the window and view opens out onto a vast concrete wall being the sort of thing you might expect in a large built-up City like Auckland, Sydney, Melbourne …but in Dunedin? The concrete wall acts like a megaphone directing all car park sounds upwards to the 1st floor room and with the window open hear a lot of traffic noise on the busy street as well. Same side of the building but on the 2nd floor it may be the same issue. It’s not all bad, this Hotel is very well-positioned with town a short walk around the block onto the main street and the local scene of restaurants, cafes and bars.
I understand there are charges to park up in the secure Hotel car park, limited free Wi-Fi before charging and no onsite restaurant or cafe, though continental breakfast packs are available to purchase before 7pm the evening before from Reception. The room kitchenette has everything you may need to cook a simple meal using an electric fry pan or microwave and there is a New World Supermarket along the street (across from the Fire Station) which opens at 7.30am. The Supermarket also has a barista and the coffee is great! There are a few charge back options to your room available for local restaurant dinning. Oh - I don’t plan on staying at Quest again any time soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, away from the ground floor car park and main street traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Easy to get onto wifi, lovely amenities & complimentarys. Staff went out of the way to make things easy for us & all were very pleasant from reception to cleaning. Very clean. Lovely comfy bed & quality sheets.

Room Tip: Loved my room with a bath & separate bedroom
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business