All reviews cadbury factory cumberland street secure parking great location anytime fitness railway station one bedroom apartment one way system new world supermarket housekeeping staff clean and tidy rooms stayed here for a week short stroll park the car within walking distance nice size booked this hotel
Reviewed 26 September 2017

I stayed here on my way to Christchurch and was happy with a clean and comfortable location to stay. The hotel is across the road from the Cadbury factory and a short walk from some good restaurants. I would recommend this place to stay if your looking for a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Samantha-quest, General Manager at Quest Dunedin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Dunedin.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Seems expensive for a pretty basic offering - especially as there are very limited front desk hours and therefore not a full service hotel.
Located on the one way system so quite busy especially for heavy traffic which is passing through Dunedin.
Freshly painted hallways
Poor internet which is unusual for Dunedin as it is the 'gigabite' town, but to be fair I think this relates more to how the infrastructure was set up in the hotel.
Passable but I'm not providing a recommendation as I believe you can get more for less elsewhere

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. At Quest Dunedin we strive to give our guests the best experience possible during their time with us, I'm sorry you felt we didn't met your expectations. Our hallways are freshly painted, as are our apartments which have new furniture and new carpet has been placed throughout the building.
This is the first we have heard of anyone having a problem with our wi-fi, I will be speaking with our internet provider to see if there is anything they can find that may be upsetting the system and have this resolved immediately.
Our reception may not be open 24/7, however there is an on-site manager available 24/7 if you require assistance. I do hope that if you return to Dunedin that you reconsider our property for your accommodation needs. We would love the opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

This is my accommodation of choice in Dunedin - an old favourite. There is car parking available and it is in walking distance to the central Dunedin Shopping Centers. There are two Super markets also in walking distance and unlimited dining options. The rooms are comfortable and clean and offer everything you need for your stay. The staff are friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not directly overlooking the street.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your great feedback. I'll pass your kind words onto the staff.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Probably the best thing to say about this hotel is that it is in a great location to the town centre.
The rooms are nice. I was in a studio room. It has a nice large TV. They advertise Sky, yet there are no Sky channels that I can find on my TV. There is a desk (which I am writing to you from at the moment) and a mini kitchen (Sink, Jug, Tea, coffee, Microwave, Fridge, plates, glasses etc).
The maid seems to clean the room when she wants to. The effort made to make the beds or vacuum is apparent when you return that day to either a nice clean room, or a half made bed with pillows on the floor and towels still where you left them (in the shower hoping for them to be changed).
The desk staff were nice and friendly. They offer a complimentary pass to the gym (Anytime Fitness). This is a lovely gym with all the modern equipment and rather quiet too. It is literally about 150m from the hotel.
There are excellent laundry facilities (self service) on site too.
I wish I could say more positive things about the hotel but alas...
*** Note *** if you are travelling by car, ensure you book the car park space with them in advance. Do not park down the side of the hotel as that is the Police station :)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This was a planned night away with my wife for a wee get away. Price was good. Presentation of building and internals were good. Friendly receptionist upon arrival. I liked the security, scan card to get into the building and car park.
Room was quiet. No noise from other rooms. Minimal noise from road.
Bad points: Sky tv not tuned, very fuzzy. Dirty areas cups, glasses, microwave, fridge shelves, cook top, coffee grinding in press.
Uncomfortable bed, didnt get much sleep.
Table not sturdy, very wobbly.
Heater in lounge area temperamental, have to jiggle the switch to make work.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple