Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Alan C
Chiang Mai

Comfortable, pleasant stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Jan 2020
The motor lodge is quite well located in a quiet part of Dunedin near Otago University. Easy walk into Dunedin, the Botanical gardens, and supermarket. Large room, with a good heater! (a cold few days), a decent kitchenette and comfortable bed). Everything was clean and well maintained. Caroline is very welcoming and friendly, managing the Motel to a high standard of service. Very helpful in advising on places to eat and tour options and nothing was too much trouble. Really enjoyed the stay and would do so again because of ther location, quality of service and value for money. Well done caroline and thank you.
Date of stay: December 2019
Room Tip: All rooms face into the court yard. Stayed in a ground floor room which was quiet .
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 10 Jan 2020
Wow thanks so much Alan I do appreciate the positive feedback - thank you so much for all the great comments and I look forward to a return visit
$207
    $122
  • Vio.com
1.5 km from Alhambra Oaks Motor Lodge
View more hotels in Dunedin
All reviews great location room was clean plenty of parking within walking distance visiting dunedin car park carolyn university motel unit stadium
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 January 2020

This is the second time we have stayed here and will definitely stay again. Rooms are set up well and beds are super comfy. You receive exceptional personal service. Definitely recommend staying here!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank starbelle2019
Your-hosts_Alhambra, Owner at Alhambra Oaks Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2020

Oh thanks so much - I am loving your comments and I look forward to seeing you for a third time!

Reviewed 2 December 2019

After being emergency flown to hospital, my friend and I rang around to find a hotel to stay for the night in Dunedin. Alhambra was the only one who answered in a timely manner, and was able to make the time and exception for us to stay.

The woman running the place not only stayed past the closing time to make sure we were able to get there safely and check in (after being discharged from hospital), but she then put the heater on for us before we arrived to make sure our room was warm. She even went to get a second, external heater for us as she was aware the other may not have made it warm enough in time!!!

She knew we were on a long journey already, and we were exhausted, and even the simplest of gestures she did made a world of difference. Upon arriving, she then walked us to our now heated room (thank you!) and asked if we needed anything else. Post-hospital us were starving and nauseous, and asked if we could please (in true Aussie fashion) have some vegemite and toast? Without a second of hesitation, she rushed out and brought back bread, butter and toast.

The room was fantastic with great value for money - including unlimited wifi, two heaters, insanely good hot chocolate, milk, SkyTV, two beds, couches, tables and a dining table. It was also stocked with shampoo and more in the bathroom! It was very well kempt.

The next day when we were leaving, she wished us the best of luck and told us she hopes we get better soon.

I would return here in an absolute heartbeat because she made a fairly stressful, crap and unplanned time so much easier to deal with.

Date of stay: November 2019
Your-hosts_Alhambra, Owner at Alhambra Oaks Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2019

Well thank you so very much - that is the most amazing review I have ever read!! It makes the world of difference when people appreciate the extra things you do and then let you know ..... All the very best to you both.
Once again thanks so much for the fantastic review it has really made my day

Reviewed 27 November 2019

A warm welcome from Caroline, who agreed to change our room at no extra charge to a larger studio. She was also very helpful in terms if recommending things to do and see around Dunedin. It is conveniently located for breakfast outlets and there is a NW supermarket a brisk 15 mins walk away.

Room tip: Ask for a studio with a bath, if that is your preference.
Date of stay: November 2019
Your-hosts_Alhambra, Owner at Alhambra Oaks Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2019

Thanks Peter I really appreciate the great feedback from you - I was happy to upgrade you and your wife as I'm always wanting to keep my guests happy!! I hope to see you another time and enjoy the rest of your travels
Carolyn

Reviewed 24 November 2019

I stayed here for five nights for a conference. My room was exceptionally clean - even the microwave and refrigerator were spotless, which isn’t always the case at hotels or motels. Carolyn was friendly and made sure I had everything I needed. The location was easy walking distance to the conference venue at the University as well as to the mall, restaurants, and shops. I felt safe even as a solo traveler and there was plenty of parking in the lot. I would stay here again without hesitation! Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Your-hosts_Alhambra, Owner at Alhambra Oaks Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2019

Thanks so much for the fantastic comments - I appreciate your feedback and I am so glad that you loved everything about your stay with us. I hope to see you back another time - cheers

Reviewed 5 November 2019

The staff were friendly and welcoming. The room was clean and tidy with all the conveniences you would expect. Location is good too, close to the CBD and if you are an international student very close to the University.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Your-hosts_Alhambra, Owner at Alhambra Oaks Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2019

Great comments thanks so much - I appreciate the feedback