“Gorgeous afternoon tea stop”
Review of Taste Nature

Taste Nature
Ranked #136 of 402 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: New Zealand
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Funky place.
I like that I chose the tea cup and teapot that best suited how I was feeling at the time. I love the pay on the way out model and enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea with the sun streaming in on an otherwise cold Dunedin day. Peanut slice to die for.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Seasonal, local, organic, fresh, nutritious. All the most important aspects of a food experience, taste nature delivers on all of these and some. Friendly and knowledgeable staff and a beautiful store.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

If you care about your health and looking after the environment then don't look further than this fantastic Dunedin lunchtime restaurant. The eatery is adjacent to the wonderful organic store and has an ever changing menu based on what is currently fresh and in season. The service staff are obviously all very passionate about the underlying philosophy of fresh, local, organic produce and this is reflected in their friendly and helpful attitude towards their customers. Great value for money and food that's great for the soul - Can't wait to eat here again!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

We were visiting son in Dunedin and looked up Taste Nature online hoping for an interesting healthy lunch rather than the usual pub grub. It took some finding as it is on a one way street and we had to pull over and open Google maps for direction as we had driven around past the exit end of High Street without realising.

Once Google guided us in to the correct direction of High Street we found a park easily and a coin for the pay parking. We had to park close by as one of our party could not walk too far.
We walked in through the crowded and interesting looking shop ( crowded with items, not customers ) and got to the cafe part where there was no-one on the counter and 2 people sitting at a table not eating. After looking around a bit saw a small sign that said Kitchen wasn't open but there was cabinet food available. I could see a few muffins and pies in cabinet but no-one to even ask so gave up and left. Annoyed as this was Sunday lunchtime and we made an effort to get there and wanted to try their food as if did look interesting.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

I was looking for raw, organic food in Dunedin and went to check this one out. It is great for shopping but I was disappointed in the "cafe" selections. Very limited and each time I've visited it was difficult to get the attention of someone to take an order.